• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
*** news flash ***

Each member of the top 7 has hit a ton this summer.
I meant in this match and Tresco too.Jones wouldn't have made those runs without Flintoff.

Swervy

International Captain
roseboy64 said:
I meant in this match and Tresco too.Jones wouldn't have made those runs without Flintoff.

well its all ifs and buts...almost like saying if Sarwan and Lara hadnt got all these runs, WI would be in all sorts of trouble..the fact of the matter is Flintoff is in the England team (dont really understand what your point is to be honest)

Timewell

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
The new Flintoff?
Hehe - I doubt it...all it was was hard hitting!

I think the first hour, like today, will be crucial and could set the course for the match really...good job I'm going. England have NEVER lost when I've seen them play. :D

pskov

International 12th Man
biased indian said:
i didn't see the game was flintoff effort chanceless. and how is lara looking any chance of reaching 10,000 in this inngs itself
I watched all of Flintoff's first day and most of his second day batting and cannot recall a chance he gave. Certainly no serious errors anyway.

Lara was looking very good at the crease. Very good. Sarwan on the other hand seems to be intent on taking on the english bowlers too agressively. I think there is a difference between playing confidently, trying to score quickly and coming out determined to thrash almost every ball to the boundary. But then, it is working so far so...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pskov said:
Lara was looking very good at the crease. Very good. Sarwan on the other hand seems to be intent on taking on the english bowlers too agressively. I think there is a difference between playing confidently, trying to score quickly and coming out determined to thrash almost every ball to the boundary. But then, it is working so far so...
For a man out of form it seemed a useful tactic to go hard at the ball. He's hit himself back into some form.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
pskov said:
I watched all of Flintoff's first day and most of his second day batting and cannot recall a chance he gave. Certainly no serious errors anyway.

Owing to aerial problems I missed most of it :(

Caught the highlights last night and there were 3 edges over slip area (one was close to Lara who was the only slip in) and of course the c&b to Lawson.

Craig

World Traveller
Well I suppose now I will have to change my opinion on Flintoff as a Test batsman?

Who will get to their century first Lara or Sarwan?

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Collins has been carry a clear injury since the first day of the 1st Test. Considering that, his first Test effort was pretty good.
Going between 4 and 5 an over?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lara out, if only Thorpe could have taken the catch of Anderson from Sarwan - why was he at gully not Giles anyway?

Well Bowled Freddy