• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Great bowling by Flintoff the ball before to unsettle Lara with the yorker the ball before. Lara's shot was incredibly poor.

As I speak, Sarwan century.

Craig

World Traveller
And Sarwan has a 100.

I have always thought highly of this guy even when he couldn't buy a run in Australia in 00/01.

Swervy

International Captain
Craig said:
And Sarwan has a 100.

I have always thought highly of this guy even when he couldn't buy a run in Australia in 00/01.
he is a good player, but he has looked quite scratchy in this innings

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
we need to break this partnership soon, if we can i think it may go the way of Lords with WI avoiding the follow on but England piling on the runs to set a target.

Otherwise it could be a bore draw

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
Great bowling by Flintoff the ball before to unsettle Lara with the yorker the ball before. Lara's shot was incredibly poor.

As I speak, Sarwan century.
I'd attribute that more to Flintoff outhinking him. He worried him with the threat of the yorker so his feet were trapped much more than they would generally tend to be.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Swervy said:
he is a good player, but he has looked quite scratchy in this innings
I think he's looked very good today. Yesterday he played some fine shots, but was a bit scratching yes.

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
we need to break this partnership soon, if we can i think it may go the way of Lords with WI avoiding the follow on but England piling on the runs to set a target.

Well the WI haven't lost there since 1963.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Well I suppose now I will have to change my opinion on Flintoff as a Test batsman?
Why should this one innings be any different than the last year of consistently good performances with both bat AND ball that haven't changed your opinion?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'd attribute that more to Flintoff outhinking him. He worried him with the threat of the yorker so his feet were trapped much more than they would generally tend to be.
So you'd say that it was a combination of balls that got him out, rather than looking at each ball in isolation and saying that Lara got himself out with a poor shot?

Incredible, because I was sure Cricket doesn't work like that!

Mr Mxyzptlk

superkingdave said:

I don't think any draw where batsmen are scoring at 4+ runs per over can be boring. It's really a negative perspective that would see it as boring. If you watch it for what it is, it can be highly entertaining.

England still in control though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
So you'd say that it was a combination of balls that got him out, rather than looking at each ball in isolation and saying that Lara got himself out with a poor shot?

Incredible, because I was sure Cricket doesn't work like that!
Oh stupid me. I keep confusing cricket and the human psyche.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
did I say 250?? i meant 139... :p
very good innings. it wasnt just flintoff that contributed to his demise... giles was P***ing him off so much! nicely done by both.