• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

Swervy

International Captain
Big collapse by WI this evening..this game is set up perfectly.

weather forcast is so-so...should be some rain but on the whole will be enough play for a result.

Tenner in tomorrow..I am on that train in the morning heading for Old Trafford, coz I think it will be a classic end to this test

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Swervy said:
Big collapse by WI this evening..this game is set up perfectly.

weather forcast is so-so...should be some rain but on the whole will be enough play for a result.

Tenner in tomorrow..I am on that train in the morning heading for Old Trafford, coz I think it will be a classic end to this test
£19 return from Cleethorpes.

Unfortunately my bedroom is getting re-carpeted, so I'm not allowed to go :(

Swervy

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
£19 return from Cleethorpes.

Unfortunately my bedroom is getting re-carpeted, so I'm not allowed to go :(
are you a man or a mouse...get to Old Trafford you tart :D

Craig

World Traveller
I think the West Indies can write a book on how to throw a good lead and nearly lose the game in one innings.

That said Bravo does look something special so far.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Shaky start for England, both openers gone at 40/2. Interesting to see where Graham Thorpe will come in.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Adamc said:
That was my question too, hence interesting to see where (i.e. batting position) he comes in.
apparently vaughan is saving him for an "emergency". i think he will come in at 6 or 7.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And another great session from the Windies there - how slow are they playing?

33 overs in 3 hours yesterday, now 21 in an hour and 20 or so...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
So another England win, just before the weather closed in. Rob Key with a good knock to almost gaurantee his SA tour position. Ian Bell called in for thorpe for the next test Flintoff has now scored a fifty in each of his last 7 tests, what it the record?

Swervy

International Captain
Just got back from Old Trafford, great day had by all.

Shaky stuff by England at the start, but the day topped off by Flintoff and key. Great atmosphere at the ground...got burnt to buggery, and then completely drench by the heaviest downpour I have seen in years.

Also got a slight headache from the 10 pints drunk (or £28.00 spent)..but well worth it...especially to see Fidel get all hot and bothered :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why not?

He's done 7 so far, what's to say he won't do 4 more?!

It may be unlikely, but not completely out of the question.

Swervy

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Why not?

the way he batted today he could easily do it...luck permitting of course :D

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Why not?

Especially as Flintoff has a good record vs the pacemen of South Africa. With the wickets offering some bounce and pace too i really could see Flintoff doing it...long way to go though.