• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
PY said:
As I've been very critical of Lee bowling bouncers at English tailenders, I feel it'd be hypocritical not to say something about England peppering the WI lower order with short stuff.

The question is, why are they doing it? I was always under the impression that pitching the ball up to the tail-enders is the thing to do to take their wicket.

Pitch the bloody thing up lads.
I've also been critical of fast bowlers bouncing out tailenders.

WI might've gone past 400 had Collins not been felled by a Flintoff bouncer, which caused him to retire hurt.

Having said that, BCL would be pleased to see his side get nearly 400 without him contributing a single run, especially after being 108/4 at one stage.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fidel bowled quite well today and Collymore was good bar one over. Dave Mohammed seemed reluctant to give the ball air, but was better than his figures would suggest. Dwayne Bravo was very very impressive. He's backing up what I've been saying for some time now.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
We Love you Chicken
We do
We love you Chicken
We do
We love you Chicken
We do
Oh, Chicken we love you

A dancing chicken...fantastic

I've fallen out with Ramnaresh Sarwan, because if he'd have held on to that chance from Strauss at backward point when England were on 173-3, I'd have won £20. But he didn't, did he?

West Indies played well, I have to admit. I was very impressed with Mohammed, but I couldn't see how much he was turning it because I was side on

Neil Pickup

Didn't seem like he gives it too much of a rip, except when it pitched in the footmarks, in which case it did plenty.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
Based on the way he batted last night, I'd say it's a long way off.

Mind you, he was made to look more handy by Dave,
It may have looked a long way off but he still did it. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SpaceMonkey said:
The new stadium would be next to the man city ground though? so i guess they'll make up any lost revenue that way.
A much smaller stadium.

Also, will the new stadium in that area have the parking space that OT now has?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
As I've been very critical of Lee bowling bouncers at English tailenders, I feel it'd be hypocritical not to say something about England peppering the WI lower order with short stuff.

It was an utterly pathetic effort this morning.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Collins due to bat still, so with any luck at all WI could reach 410 or so.

Not sure what happened there, but AFAIK if it's 9 down when the scheduled lunch time is reached then they play on for another 30 or 40 minutes - thus as soon as they went off, the Windies were all out?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
It may have looked a long way off but he still did it. :p
Indeed he did, and well done to him.

Still doesn't change the fact we bowled like complete idiots all morning, and his Thursday evening innings was looking very worried - had they had to bat on then, I doubt he'd have had the chance to score runs today.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Not sure what happened there, but AFAIK if it's 9 down when the scheduled lunch time is reached then they play on for another 30 or 40 minutes - thus as soon as they went off, the Windies were all out?
Incorrect. They were scheduled to continue the innings after lunch, but Collins had a headache and couldn't make it out. Therefore Lara declared.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Incorrect. They were scheduled to continue the innings after lunch, but Collins had a headache and couldn't make it out. Therefore Lara declared.

That was my initial thought, but what about that rule regarding 9 down?

When they walked off, I initially assumed that they were all out as Collins wouldn't resume, then I thought it was lunch, then I remembered the 9 down rule so thought it was all out again.

Not that it really makes a scrap of difference, just a bit of cricketing curiosity!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I thought that at first, but then if it's 9 down at an interval play is continued, and since he didn't come out then, I don't think he could've done after Lunch (although to be honest with Baugh being the man out, I can't see they'd have gained anything from him coming out anyway)

Craig

World Traveller
steds said:
There wasn't any point going today anyway, with the rain and all. What a waste of 8 hours of my time.

All this Manchester weather is giving the northwest a bad reputation and I'm sick of it. The sun always shines on St.Helens.
Can we have some of it please?

We could need some more rain and yeasterday we had bushfires already! :wacko:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
Only men older than 30 or rugby players drink 'warm' beer usually. :p

This warm beer thing is over done I reckon, Dave (Hitman) thought our beer was actually warm. What are they telling you in Australia about our beers?
They have an add on the radio and this guy is asking "Beer? Cold? Why would you want your beer cold?" He says this in a very annoying English accent. Then the voice-over guy says in a very manly Australian accent - "That's what happens when you drink beer cold, you become a ******!"