• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do worry that there's another Ali in the system.

Moeen, who made a fine Kadeer of batting at three today...

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
I do worry that there's another Ali in the system.

Moeen, who made a fine Kadeer of batting at three today...
Davies did worse - 6...

Is it me or has the line-up been completely changed since the 2nd Test?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
thank you Neil for mentioning James Hildreth - he is the future! An awesome prospect, saw him score a wonderful 50 in a 20-20 game at Taunton v Worcs, him smacking Andy Bichel over my head into the river is something I won't forget in a while! :)

I am more optimistic about English cricket at the moment than I ever have been before, I am no longer worried about injuries because as opposed to bringing in some tired has-been like Crawley or Cork back to Test level when they have clearly had their day (although I am quick to point out that both are still good county players), we bring in a dynamic young prospect with flair, commitment, determination and, above all, the ability to be a popular figure in the dressing room. Just look at Strauss, Key etc, and the way players like Giles and Hoggard are so well liked by their team-mates - gone are the days when England captains would have to deal with players acting up on tour (Phil Tufnell, Devon Malcolm etc).

Happy days!

Swervy

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
thank you Neil for mentioning James Hildreth - he is the future! An awesome prospect, saw him score a wonderful 50 in a 20-20 game at Taunton v Worcs, him smacking Andy Bichel over my head into the river is something I won't forget in a while! :)

I am more optimistic about English cricket at the moment than I ever have been before, I am no longer worried about injuries because as opposed to bringing in some tired has-been like Crawley or Cork back to Test level when they have clearly had their day (although I am quick to point out that both are still good county players), we bring in a dynamic young prospect with flair, commitment, determination and, above all, the ability to be a popular figure in the dressing room. Just look at Strauss, Key etc, and the way players like Giles and Hoggard are so well liked by their team-mates - gone are the days when England captains would have to deal with players acting up on tour (Phil Tufnell, Devon Malcolm etc).

Happy days!
did Devon Malcolm used to play up on tour????

marv

Cricket Spectator
Well..As predicted by many people on this forum WI are down 3-0. Looking to avoid a very possible white-wash. Any more predictions???

Andre

International Regular
Jones left out for England.

West Indies, meanwhile, have included Dwayne Smith and Jermaine Lawson ahead of Pedro Collins and Dave Mohammad. Smith's selection puzzles me.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
They're leaving out Dave Mohammed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, they can't do that!!

West Indies will lose by an innings and 379 runs

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Chris Schofield back in an England shirt, albeit as 12th man. But a sign of things to come

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
steds said:
Good to see Chris Schofield back in an England shirt, albeit as 12th man. But a sign of things to come
LOL the guy bowls pies :) he cant even get a bowl ahead of Mongia / Hooper

steds

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
LOL the guy bowls pies :) he cant even get a bowl ahead of Mongia / Hooper
Carl Hooper took over 100 test wickets. There's no shame in not being able to bowl ahead of him(and it helps that he was captain while Warren Hegg was injured, so he could make himself the #1 spinner)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
They're leaving out Dave Mohammed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, they can't do that!!

West Indies will lose by an innings and 379 runs
Dave's got a bit of an injury - i think he sustained it when he was mobbed by his adoring fans