• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nah i dont reakon he got anything on that, dissapointing end to a solid fighting knock there, he looks like hes slowly working his way back into form, unfortunatley for him all 4 Aussie bowlers are bowling really well at the moment.

chalky

International Debutant
Note to Ricky Pointing your not allowed to go charging at the Umpire waving your hands in the air.

Blaze

Banned
chalky said:
Note to Ricky Pointing your not allowed to go charging at the Umpire waving your hands in the air.

A great example of why I dislike him a lot.

Last edited:

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
How bleeding irritating are these commentators. Suddenly disregarding the evidence of Snicko and their own eyes in their religious reluctance to admit Lara's got another shocker against the Aussies. Have they been fooled by the vociferous appeal of the saintly Gilchrist? Has Lara actually been out in this series?

Blaze

Banned
garage flower said:
How bleeding irritating are these commentators. Suddenly disregarding the evidence of Snicko and their own eyes in their religious reluctance to admit Lara's got another shocker against the Aussies. Have they been fooled by the vociferous appeal of the saintly Gilchrist? Has Lara actually been out in this series?

I loved how Mark Taylor defended the decision because 'Warne certainly beat Lara and the Australians were really confident'

How does that make the decision fair on Lara Tubby?

Just because the Australians appeal doesn't mean it is out.. in fact 90% of the time it probably isn't out. Ponting charging down the pitch, advancing on the umpire and then looking like he was incredibly hard done by when the bat didn't come close to the ball on Samuels before illustrates the fact that Australia put pressure on umpires and force them into making errors.

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
I hate the fact all the Channel 9 commentators want to stick one in Warne. Sure they are all good mates with him but ffs get over him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
garage flower said:
Two LBW decisions with Brett Lee coming around the wicket, one freak catch off Bracken's bowling and that decision without an edge.

Blaze

Banned
Jono said:
Two LBW decisions with Brett Lee coming around the wicket, one freak catch off Bracken's bowling and that decision without an edge.

The Bracken one was the only one that was definetly out, the lbw in the first innings in this test was 50/50 and the other one was a joke.

Blaze

Banned
Clarence said:
I hate the fact all the Channel 9 commentators want to stick one in Warne. Sure they are all good mates with him but ffs get over him.

lol that actually made me laugh.. it is so true. Nicholas is in love with the lot of them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
garage flower said:
Michael Holding has just asked Bill Lawry your exact question claiming it as a 'trivia question' HAHA! :D That's hilarious.

Lawry compared it to Tendulkar's poor decisions he's received in Australia in previous years, but he never got 3/4 :ph34r:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
The Australian team seem to be very good at intimidating the umpires with their appealing. Probably another reason they lost the Ashes - the umpires did not budge because the atmosphere was so overwhelming in all the Tests, it just couldn't work.