• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Dasa said:
Eh? Vaughan was replaced by Collingwood who made 10 and 3....
Wrong. Vaughan was replaced by Ian Bell. Collingwood came in favored over Bell.

Great comeback by Hussey. I'm glad to see him scoring runs for Australia. I just hope that Clown gets a chance to make an impact on the match.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This reminds me of some of the innings in the Ashes when Australia was in the field. The bowing isn't THAT bad, and the batting isn't THAT good, but absolutely nothing is going the way of the bowling team, it's a dead flat pitch and the batsmen are playing well enough to keep the scoreboard moving.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Wow, he's done it. Great to see MEK get what he deserves, especially after waiting so long. Hopefully they'll keep him in the side now.

Slow Love™

International Captain
In terms of local series, I think I'd have to go back to '96 against Sri Lanka for cricket as boring as this, although that series did have a chucking scandal in the middle of it to keep people awake. The weather's dull, there's little atmosphere, the play's been stop-start, and there's no contest. I think I've seen more exciting games of bocce down by the Oakleigh railway tracks.

Hussey's done little wrong here, and while this century won't be particularly remembered, he may have given the selectors something to think about for when Langer returns to the side. You can only play the opposition you're presented with. I guess he'll be hoping Hodge doesn't make a double century (in which case, Clarke will get very nervous - unless he does too).

Anyhow, well done once more to Corey Collymore - he's shown some very good discipline and has been extremely solid on a flat pitch against batsmen having little to no trouble with the rest of the attack.

cameeel

International Captain
Blaze said:
So if Langer is fit for the next game are AUS going to drop someone who's last score is a century?
It's an interesting dilemma, personally i reckon the next batting line up should be:

Langer, Hayden, Ponting, Hodge, Hussey, Symonds, Gilchrist

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
And then you add that Lee comes from wider on the crease when going around the wicket than most others...
It seems like Lee has been getting a few LBWs from around the wicket recently. Perplexing.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
High quality innings by both Hayden and Hussey against, what must be said, a fairly ordinary attack.

Hussey is definitely capable of batting in the middle order, is a magnificent fieldsman and apparently has a good brain.

He must be retained.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
they've dropped century makers before, e.g. martin love.

The next test is in Adelaide, where you bat first everytime if you win the toss. Personally I'd think of having the same line-up only with langer in for hodge and hussey moved down to 5. Of course if Clarke fails again then he could be the one.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes, but the side was very settled then, and its far from the case at the moment. Hodge is making his debut, Symonds is playing his third test and Hussey his second. Any one of those three could be dropped for Langer, really.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crazy Sam said:

The next test is in Adelaide, where you bat first everytime if you win the toss. Personally I'd think of having the same line-up only with langer in for hodge and hussey moved down to 5. Of course if Clarke fails again then he could be the one.....
Clarke must go if he fails.

Hussey, as he's proven today, is real quality.