• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes, you are pretty much right, Pratyush.

In this match, I just hope Clown does well. He would've done well with his bowling if he hadn't bowled a no-ball to get Gayle caught behind.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Top_Cat said:
Remember kiddies it's merely a prediction and could quite easily go awry if those selfish openers gorge on the WI pace attack.
Watch in amazement as Hayden produces another century this summer...... :p

Clarke better get some runs. Hodge better produce.

And Symonds, well, he'll get a quickfire 50 or something.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
ClownSymonds said:
Vaughan was replaced by a man who averaged over 50 in the match (better than Vaughan's career average)
Eh? Vaughan was replaced by Collingwood who made 10 and 3....

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dasa said:
Eh? Vaughan was replaced by Collingwood who made 10 and 3....
Nope, Bell was dropped from the team and replaced by Collingwood.

Bell was only restated following Vaughan's injury.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
Ah it's being set up nicely for my prediction; a big opening partnership, a couple of quick wickets and then Brad Hodge to hit a maiden Test hundred against a tired attack.

Remember kiddies it's merely a prediction and could quite easily go awry if those selfish openers gorge on the WI pace attack.

lol how cut would Hodge be if he didn't get a bat :lol:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
From what I've seen, there were a couple questionable decisions in the WI innings. Australia did bowl well though.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
I am not getting why people are complaining about this Lara decision. He was hit in front of middle stump, far back in his crease almost stepping on the stumps. Plumb as you can get.

Good to see the kiddies at a test match. Hook them while they are young :)

Mike Hussey

U19 12th Man
parttimer said:
I am not getting why people are complaining about this Lara decision. He was hit in front of middle stump, far back in his crease almost stepping on the stumps. Plumb as you can get.

Good to see the kiddies at a test match. Hook them while they are young :)
Its becuase they are allowed to have the day off from school...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In front of middle? Whoever supplied you with your glasses, fire them. It hit him in front of leg-stump, was swinging in and Hawke-eye showed it to be just taking the outside edge of leg-stump. Considering the deliberately-introduced margin of error in measurements by Hawke-eye, that's almost as good as miss. It certainly was about as far from plumb as you seem to think it WAS plumb.

Anyway it's moot; he's out.

Top_Cat

I had a good look at it at the time and my view remains.

And who said anything about the West Indies? I'm talking about Lara. And the decision against him was, in my view, a shocker.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hit him on the heel of his foot 8-)

The right-arm around rule of umpiring seems to have gone out of the window in recent times, because so many people are doing it. Chances are, if the ball is going to be hitting the stumps, then it will hit the batsman outside the line. If it hits him in line from that angle, then it's probably heading down leg - with very few exceptions.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Top_Cat said:
In front of middle? Whoever supplied you with your glasses, fire them. It hit him in front of leg-stump, was swinging in and Hawke-eye showed it to be just taking the outside edge of leg-stump. Considering the deliberately-introduced margin of error in measurements by Hawke-eye, that's almost as good as miss. It certainly was about as far from plumb as you seem to think it WAS plumb.

Anyway it's moot; he's out.
Really??

I knew it wasn't 100% accurate but why would they deliberately make it so?

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Windies may aswell try going around the wicket to Hayden here. They're not getting enuf swing back toward the left hander enabling him to leave everything outside off. Time for new strategy

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Top_Cat said:
I had a good look at it at the time and my view remains.

And who said anything about the West Indies? I'm talking about Lara. And the decision against him was, in my view, a shocker.
It was 50/50 as to whether it would have hit leg stump or not. Certainly not a 'shocker'.

On first viewing it looked pretty much out to me and obviously to the umpire too. Cant argue about that really.

Whos to say hawkeye wasnt incorrectly the other way and it would have hit even more of the leg stump than it showed? just because it isnt 100% accurate doesnt mean it wouldnt have hit still.

Top_Cat

It was 50/50 as to whether it would have hit leg stump or not. Certainly not a 'shocker'.

On first viewing it looked pretty much out to me and obviously to the umpire too. Cant argue about that really.
Read what Vic said. It hit him on the heel and was swinging in. How on Earth that could be given out is beyond me. Even at full-speed it looked highly doubtful and was elevated in my mind to 'shocker' upon viewing the replay. Sadly, as soon as I saw Lee go up, knowing Lara's luck this series so far (only one non-doubtful dismissal so far), I had a feeling it was going to be given out. Especially considering the ball before was a similar type of ball but this time was outside off-stump and not swinging back enough.

The right-arm around rule of umpiring seems to have gone out of the window in recent times, because so many people are doing it. Chances are, if the ball is going to be hitting the stumps, then it will hit the batsman outside the line. If it hits him in line from that angle, then it's probably heading down leg - with very few exceptions.
And that exception is almost always a ball straightening down the line and almost never a ball which is angling in and swinging in, further taking it down the leg-side.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Top_Cat said:
Read what Vic said. It hit him on the heel and was swinging in. How on Earth that could be given out is beyond me. Even at full-speed it looked highly doubtful and was elevated in my mind to 'shocker' upon viewing the replay. Sadly, as soon as I saw Lee go up, knowing Lara's luck this series so far (only one non-doubtful dismissal so far), I had a feeling it was going to be given out. Especially considering the ball before was a similar type of ball but this time was outside off-stump and not swinging back enough.
And then you add that Lee comes from wider on the crease when going around the wicket than most others...