• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Ponting went early, bowled by Fidel Edwards.

Then Clarke (whom I think might be dropped for the next test) was caught, again bowled by Edwards.

Hodge and Hussey out there now....

Can someone explain to me why Hodge is called Cheaty by some of you English forum members?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SquidAU said:
Can someone explain to me why Hodge is called Cheaty by some of you English forum members?
While playing for Leicestershire in a County match against Derbyshire, he stepped over the boundary while taking a catch, and didn't tell anyone (possibly because he wasn't aware of it)

Luckyeddie (or Devil Ducky) promptly applied the name Cheaty to him, and it stuck.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
While playing for Leicestershire in a County match against Derbyshire, he stepped over the boundary while taking a catch, and didn't tell anyone (possibly because he wasn't aware of it)

Luckyeddie (or Devil Ducky) promptly applied the name Cheaty to him, and it stuck.
Is that all?!?!

Here I was thinking maybe he claimed a catch he dropped!

Anyway, he's a mexican and being a South Australian, I don't like him anyways.... :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hmm, not the best time for Clarke to fail again, with Hussey well past 100 and Langer poised to return to the side.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
Hmm, not the best time for Clarke to fail again, with Hussey well past 100 and Langer poised to return to the side.
I reckon he'll get dropped. Too many failures, hasn't made a ton in over a year now!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:

Wasn't it he took the catch, then stepped over the boundary to celebrate with the fans or summat stupid like that?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good catch. Minor fightback here, but I reckon making Oz bat again will be something of an achievement still.

Should be a few fireworks from Symonds & Gilly to come too. Maybe I can put off bed for a bit yet....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wrong button pressed? That is just extra ordinary seeing Symonds go back to the crease with all the confusion. :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Should it have been out or not? Cricinfo says he was well short and given out - yet you're saying the third umpire made a dumv decision? :-O

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
Wasn't it he took the catch, then stepped over the boundary to celebrate with the fans or summat stupid like that?
Precisely right, but don't tell the duck.

Corky called him a cheat, there was an almighty row and Cork found himself in front of Bunty and the Colonel at Lord's.

Pimm's all round, eh, what what?