• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
parttimer said:
Hayden is so frustratingly boring to watch
Oh my...

Well, in short, you`re wrong. He`s bloody awesome, and 90% of people would surely agree. He hit the roof! The roof!!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
Maybe, since Hussey's a few years younger than Langer and Hayden. I would think that David Hussey should be given a chance soon as well.
not as an opener..

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I think the problem with the Windies is that they simply are not in the same league as a team with Australia. It's not bennett king's fault, it's just the way they are at the moment. Most of their batsmen have struggled this tour and it showed. You don't get back in form by blocking and leaving everything and finishing with only about 2 runs an over for 70 overs. That's okay for one or two batsmen but not a whole team.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sqwerty said:
Lloyd, Roberts, Holding, Garner, Richards, Marshall, Ambrose, Walsh retired
:laugh::laugh:

But what a **** poor effort by the Windies there. Hopefully the lack of any pressure at all will help Hussey, Hodge and Symonds get good totals.

Blaze

Banned
andyc said:
:laugh::laugh:

But what a **** poor effort by the Windies there. Hopefully the lack of any pressure at all will help Hussey, Hodge and Symonds get good totals.

I hope Hodge and Hussey do well but on the other hand if all 3 of those guys get scores then WI are going to be in for a even greater hiding and no true cricket fan wants to see that. It just gets ugly to watch.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
true cricket fan my foot. I hope australia flogs west indies by heaps if given the chance. We are not going to be on top forever, I would rather enjoy it while I can.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
ClownSymonds said:
Yes, as someone just said, I meant that Australia are still unbeatable at home. It was a shame that Australia lost the Ashes, but at least they didn't lose them to England. They lost them to misfortune..
Australia are indeed dominant at home, but that's just a crutch now, isn't it?

Oh, it still hurts - and the longer you maintain that ridiculous attitude, the longer that knife will continue to nag, because there will be people only too glad to remind you.

Accept that you were beaten by a team that played better in the series (even the Australian captain was the first to admit that) and just move on. At the moment, you sound more like Scallywag than he did.

Misfortune? Cobblers.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
ClownSymonds said:
Yes, as someone just said, I meant that Australia are still unbeatable at home. It was a shame that Australia lost the Ashes, but at least they didn't lose them to England. They lost them to misfortune.
They lost it to England - a team which played better than Australia.

Also it was no shame losing the Ashes in such a competitive series.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Australia are indeed dominant at home, but that's just a crutch now, isn't it?

Oh, it still hurts - and the longer you maintain that ridiculous attitude, the longer that knife will continue to nag, because there will be people only too glad to remind you.

Accept that you were beaten by a team that played better in the series (even the Australian captain was the first to admit that) and just move on. At the moment, you sound more like Scallywag than he did.

Misfortune? Cobblers.
It isn't a crutch. I'm just making a point to say that the fact of Australia's invincibility at home goes unchallenged. I still say that Australia are the best abroad as well, and that England won the Ashes unfairly. Arguably Australia's best player and biggest difference maker went down to give England a chance in the two matches they barely won. If England lost Flintoff to injury and lost, it wouldn't have been a fair fight either. Australia going against England without McGrath is like the United States going against Russia without their air force during the Cold War. Under the terrible set of circumstances, yes, England's team beat Australia's, but it wasn't a proper test of strength. And besides, the foolhardy selectors did not include Clown. He surely would've massacred England regardless of McGrath's absence.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
Oh my...

Well, in short, you`re wrong. He`s bloody awesome, and 90% of people would surely agree. He hit the roof! The roof!!
Didnt Hussey hit the roof?!

People in Adelaide must be completely ****ed off right now, I would be... their only match for the year is going to be a waste of everyones time. I would rather have watched the Pura Cup today, they shouldve crossed to that when it reached 4/119 and came back when the Windies grew a backbone.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
ClownSymonds said:
It isn't a crutch. I'm just making a point to say that the fact of Australia's invincibility at home goes unchallenged. I still say that Australia are the best abroad as well, and that England won the Ashes unfairly. Arguably Australia's best player and biggest difference maker went down to give England a chance in the two matches they barely won. If England lost Flintoff to injury and lost, it wouldn't have been a fair fight either. Australia going against England without McGrath is like the United States going against Russia without their air force during the Cold War. Under the terrible set of circumstances, yes, England's team beat Australia's, but it wasn't a proper test of strength. And besides, the foolhardy selectors did not include Clown. He surely would've massacred England regardless of McGrath's absence.
In the previous Ashes series, England lost pretty well their entire seam attack, either before the team was picked, before the tour started or during the first test.

On that occasion, Flintoff didn't make it, having failed to recover from a hernia operation. The few England supporters who were on this message board at the time shrugged their shoulders - just like the team did.

We got thrashed, but everyone held their heads high and congratulated Australia - something I have been used to doing on many occasions in the past. You, on the other hand, come over as a stereotypical bombast who cannot bring himself to admit that those precious Ashes were dashed from Ponting's grasp.

Today, it's because Symonds wasn't picked. Yesterday, because McGrath stepped on a ball. The day before that, you were accusing the umpires of cheating. What's tomorrow's excuse? Ball-tampering? Total eclipse of the sun in Vanuatu? Planets badly aligned? George Bush? Clinton?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
luckyeddie said:

Misfortune? Cobblers.
Who knows....he may have had a tough life :D usually the case with people full of spite and hate....maybe he was picked on when he was younger :p :p

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
sqwerty said:
Is that what Hodge said?

Reminds me of MacGills comments everytime it's touch and go whether or not he'll be selected. He always says something like "I know I'll make the difference" or "the selectors should be playing 2 spinners". I always think of the quick he is vying for a spot with probably thinking "Shut the f**k up Stuart and let the selectors make their own mind up"
Watch your language please.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
In the previous Ashes series, England lost pretty well their entire seam attack, either before the team was picked, before the tour started or during the first test.

On that occasion, Flintoff didn't make it, having failed to recover from a hernia operation. The few England supporters who were on this message board at the time shrugged their shoulders - just like the team did.

We got thrashed, but everyone held their heads high and congratulated Australia - something I have been used to doing on many occasions in the past. You, on the other hand, come over as a stereotypical bombast who cannot bring himself to admit that those precious Ashes were dashed from Ponting's grasp.

Today, it's because Symonds wasn't picked. Yesterday, because McGrath stepped on a ball. The day before that, you were accusing the umpires of cheating. What's tomorrow's excuse? Ball-tampering? Total eclipse of the sun in Vanuatu? Planets badly aligned? George Bush? Clinton?
It's Clinton.

But seriously, you're being ridiculous. Of course it was easy for you England supporters to admit defeat graciously even without your seamers. Your team, even at full strength, was nothing compared to the Australian team that played, and the best you could've hoped for regardless of injury was a narrow(er) defeat. Australia weren't depending on luck at all - they steamrolled England based on pure, hard superiority.

England here squeeked home needing every bit of luck they got, including the massive bit provided by McGrath stepping on that ball, which should be declared the second coming of Christ by the Anglican Church. I wasn't even really serious when I mentioned Symonds' exclusion as being a real factor. It's clearly McGrath's injury that was decisive. That fact was obvious yesterday, is today, and will be tomorrow.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
ClownSymonds said:
It's Clinton.

But seriously, you're being ridiculous. Of course it was easy for you England supporters to admit defeat graciously even without your seamers. Your team, even at full strength, was nothing compared to the Australian team that played, and the best you could've hoped for regardless of injury was a narrow(er) defeat. Australia weren't depending on luck at all - they steamrolled England based on pure, hard superiority.

England here squeeked home needing every bit of luck they got, including the massive bit provided by McGrath stepping on that ball, which should be declared the second coming of Christ by the Anglican Church. I wasn't even really serious when I mentioned Symonds' exclusion as being a real factor. It's clearly McGrath's injury that was decisive. That fact was obvious yesterday, is today, and will be tomorrow.
We all know that Australia, man for man, were by far the better individuals - yet they somehow threw it away. Probably the reasons were for the same traits you are displaying - arrogance and ****yness. You are overlooking the most significant reason of all, though - just four words. "We'll have a bowl", knowing full well that he'd just lost his talisman - and it meant that we went 1-1 instead of 2-0 down, a position we would have never recovered from and I would never be having this frankly quite silly conversation.

The loss of McGrath was a significant blow, huge, even, but are you telling me that the loss of one player was the reason for the defeat? If that's the case, can we take it as read that England would have beaten Pakistan with Simon Jones and Michael Vaughan in the side?

Of course we can't.