• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Well... he averages 12 overs a game in FC cricket, which is 6 an innings... pretty much part-timer fare. I don't think you could class him as an all-rounder in the longer form, though he is in List-A/ODI cricket.
Considering how many matches he has played and hasn't always played as an 'all-rounder' that's not surprising. As he has developed the bowling side of his game over the last 4 or 5 years he has bowled more often. He has been first change in both of Qld's Pura Cup games this season for at least one innings. He is also bowling 6-10 overs a game in their ING games and also in ODIs. He is definitely an allrounder now, a batting allrounder.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reminds me of MacGills comments everytime it's touch and go whether or not he'll be selected. He always says something like "I know I'll make the difference" or "the selectors should be playing 2 spinners". I always think of the quick he is vying for a spot with probably thinking "Shut the f**k up Stuart and let the selectors make their own mind up"
If I was the other guy I'd be goading Stuie into saying more because it doesn't seem to be working and, in fact, may well be working against him.

He should have been dropped for his comments on 'no-one deserves this more than me'. Confidence is one thing, being an idiot is another.
Over-confidence isn't great but in reality, who deserves to make his debut more in Aussie cricket right now? It's not a statement without merit.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Warne getting tonked about here. Should give around the wicket a try maybe he has had lots of succes v left handers that way

Mister Wright

Top_Cat said:
Over-confidence isn't great but in reality, who deserves to make his debut more in Aussie cricket right now? It's not a statement without merit.
Even still, it is a silly thing to say. Not only are you making yourself look like a turd, but you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself, just think if he gets a golden pair, he's given the papers plenty of amunition for headlines, like 'Hodge's fairytail debut - The story of the Golden Duck.'

Mister Wright

Time since last boundary - 2mins. 3 balls.
Time since Mark Nicholas last said anything remotely interesting - 5 years, 14 days, 3 hours and 12 minutes. 14,000,671 balls.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Mister Wright said:
Time since last boundary - 2mins. 3 balls.
Time since Mark Nicholas last said anything remotely interesting - 5 years, 14 days, 3 hours and 12 minutes. 14,000,671 balls.
Last time I felt like wrapping a bat around his head 2.1 seconds :P

Thank god for Aunty :)

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
WI fight back well and truely over :)
WI fight back? What are you talking about?

Anyway, Gayle made to look stupid against a McGrath slower ball. Probably not a good decision, but he's gone. Looks like another Australian run through a poor batting lineup.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Amazing - 28 singles by the Windies in something like 55 overs. That on a good batting pitch after electing to bat, and facing 10 overs from Clown, too.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Haha, I love it. Fortress Australia is still absolutely impenetrable. Ramdin's wicket was enjoyable. He was left layed out on the ground contemplating his embarassment.