• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That look on Bairstow’s face clearly says “**** I might have to try and catch another one at some point mightn’t I?”

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn’t it Headingley where Steve Waugh finally became a test batsman?

Might work for Mitch

Grasping here

BigBeefy

Cricket Spectator
Testing pitch to bat on with the pace and bounce this but if England batsmen can be positive without being gung-ho stupid, this might be one pitch where their approach to batting can be rewarded.

Massive 6 wickets still to get and the score can move quickly, but restrict Aus to around 200 and England can gain some control if they see off the new ball.

Lots of cricket to come before that is a possibility though!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Cracking first session that. Now I’m off to go rummage around in the bushes behind me house to try and find my cat who’s been yowling for food for the last hour but stubbornly refuses to come inside because it’s playtime and she’s got the zoomies.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scoring 91 not bad, losing 4 wickets....less good.

England have bowled really well here I think. Certainly looks a lot more conductive for bowling than the first two Tests.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine relying on Mitch Marsh to take on this.

I wouldn't rely on him to take on a ****ing newspaper sudoku puzzle.
He’s more likely to play the short stuff well than he is the fuller ball tbh. Canes the pull shot and grew up on the WACA.

England’s session quite easily there. Fair bit in the deck though. Three down would have been ok but Smith just on lunch was massive

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn’t it Headingley where Steve Waugh finally became a test batsman?

Might work for Mitch

Grasping here
I'm unironically calling a lower order partnership and I can just taste some Mitch Marsh juicing on the tip of my tongue right now.

He's in.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Brilliant session.

We bowled really well and the difference Woods pace makes.

Khawaja looked comfortable but couldn't deal with his pace. If only he could play more often and imagine if we had Archer as well.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Testing pitch to bat on with the pace and bounce this but if England batsmen can be positive without being gung-ho stupid, this might be one pitch where their approach to batting can be rewarded.

Massive 6 wickets still to get and the score can move quickly, but restrict Aus to around 200 and England can gain some control if they see off the new ball.

Lots of cricket to come before that is a possibility though!
It could also be the pitch where England all nick off for 92

James

Cricket Web Owner
Can't help but wonder how Anderson would have bowled here and what the score would be at lunch if he had. Ifs and buts obviously but looked taylor made conditions for him.