• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How long before Murray is going to be British number 1?

I know Henman is struggling with injuries, but was shocked that Rusedski went out after the form he's shown recently.

Don

State Vice-Captain
damn u roddick.why why why.u cudve beaten federer damn u u fool.ok federer to win in his sleep now

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
How long before Murray is going to be British number 1?

I know Henman is struggling with injuries, but was shocked that Rusedski went out after the form he's shown recently.
james blake won the tournament in New Haven last week, he was pretty unlucky in drawing the best non seed apart from Grosjean...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
Roddick gone, losing in three tie breakers to Giles Muller, Safin pulled out too, which means that partof the draw is opening up, more importantly its tommy haas' section of the draw! he must be some sort of a chance at making the semis...
Geez mate, now you've tipped him to go far he'll get beaten next round, you never learn do you? :p

The only reason he won the first round is because you said he'd struggle.

Simon

he even played crap in that match!
im now hopeful of a good showing but his form doesnt suggest it, hes definately in the weakest part of the draw and a 4th round match against Gasquet is probably his toughest match, it would be Coria in the quarters but i dont see either of them making it that far...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Don said:
damn u roddick.why why why.u cudve beaten federer damn u u fool.ok federer to win in his sleep now
how do you figure that? :)

he's been beating roddick in his sleep for most of their last 10 meetings... :D

Simon

Haas is the night match on day 6 against Ginepri which means it will be on fox in full from about 11.30am, first time i would have seen him play a full match since the french open, lets hope he gets through to a match against Gasquet or Ljubicic...

Simon

was a high quality match, i think he played the better tennis but just lost the big points, i really could have gone either way, also i think the crowd also helped get Ginepri over the line...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Big win for Blake over Nadal. James Blake is in top form, I wonder how far he can go. He always looks set to go far in a tournament before crashing out. Interesting to see how he goes here.

indie2

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How far can Agassi go here? Look at the draw

What chance of him bowing out in style with a last US Open final?

Simon

ive actually got a big feeling Agassi could win it and then retire, would be a great way for him to end a great career...

indie2

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yessss!!!!!

Into the final

Now, two questions? Will he win? and, Will he retire on the spot?

Man, I'm happy he's done it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can't help but see some similarities between the way Agassi is playing in this tournament and Goran's Wimbledon win in 2001. It just feels like destiny. Agassi beating Ginepri in 5 was great to see.

Federer is well on top of Hewitt at the moment. He took the first set 6-3 and has already broken Hewitt in the 2nd.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
I can't help but see some similarities between the way Agassi is playing in this tournament and Goran's Wimbledon win in 2001. It just feels like destiny. Agassi beating Ginepri in 5 was great to see.
There is a small hurdle called Federer. He spoiled a Sampras Wimbledon run. And he will be tough to beat.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would be great to see Agassi win the final, v fitting way to crown his career. Can't quite see Federer being overcome with sentiment tho.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hewitt breaks back. I may not like him, but that was brilliant tennis. Well done Lleyton, I still hope you get your butt whooped though. :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So Federer decides to break Hewitt again.

What does Lleyton do? Break back.

Outstanding tennis. One gets the feeling Hewitt must win this set to have a chance. He's played so well, for him to lose it would really hurt.