• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be freaked out, because the winds would be fairly strong up there and the nets (if any) look pretty flimsy. Cool though :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Check this out

I've been to the hotel, and although it isn't great up there, it isn't exactly flimsy or dangerous, and its bigger than it looks in photos

Last edited:

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I feel sorry for the person that golf ball might have hit.....
Now all we need is a cricketer up there....

EDIT: After seeing the other pictures (that's what i get for posting too fast), i'm guessing he hit it out to sea, but still, u never know...passing boat...surfer....

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Dark Hunter said:
EDIT: After seeing the other pictures (that's what i get for posting too fast), i'm guessing he hit it out to sea, but still, u never know...passing boat...surfer....
The beach below it is pretty busy, it joins on to the Jumeirah Beach hotel which is a competitor to the Burj Dubai so he was probably getting rid of the competition..

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ivanisevic to come out of retirement for Croatia!

Overnight Croatia qualfied for their first Davis Cup final where they will play the Slovak Republic.
and word has it Ivanisevic will come out of retirement to play in it, the team coach has said he will have to play off against the current 4th ranked croatian player to make the squad, which i think he will do. The tie will be held in Slovakia so it will be tough but i think with Ljubicic, Ancic and Ivanisevic they may have too much for Hrbaty, Beck and Mertinak.
Slovaks were pretty impressive beating Argentina 4-1 and its not impossible for Hrbaty to win 3 matches in the weekend to win it for them, but i dont see it happening in the final.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll never forgive him for beating Rafter in that Wimbledon final.

But really Simon, I agree with Daz. Who cares?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gee, thats a bit tough on the guys that have got Croatia to the final. While I was a huge Goran fan, I don't think it's the right thing to do.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Gee, thats a bit tough on the guys that have got Croatia to the final. While I was a huge Goran fan, I don't think it's the right thing to do.
he still has to win the right to make the team, imo if he can win the match that is planned its fair enough...

Simon

benchmark00 said:
Huh? what are you talking about? i care, im a huge tennis fan.
well it didnt seem that way!

anyway i know Nath and Hoggy and a few others will be pumped by this, Goran is a favourite of tennis fans all around the world not just croatians it would be awesome for him to win a davis cup to go with his Wimbledon title...

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
well it didnt seem that way!

anyway i know Nath and Hoggy and a few others will be pumped by this, Goran is a favourite of tennis fans all around the world not just croatians it would be awesome for him to win a davis cup to go with his Wimbledon title...

Yeah great news..