• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

Howsie

International Captain
I'd give Bevan Griggs the chop personally, if either Weston or Sinclair (doubtful though) are confindent enough to keep then he's got to go. This batting line up is probably the worst in the tournament so any chance you have of making it stronger your've got to take it imo.

The bowlers were decent enough, well during the first 10 overs anyhow. Mason should have keeped on bowling instead of being replaced two overs in, he was horrible at the death like usual. Adam Milne bowled fairly well, like most it was the first time I'd seen him bowl but he looked useful. He was generally around the low to mid 130's with a fastest ball of 139K but he looked sharp nonetheless.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Yeah Griggs sucks. CD have too many weak players probably mainly due to Taylor, Oram, Napier, etc missing,

McClenagan I think has had some injuries, but yeah, pace is down and because of that he's really average. The young bowlers were alright - showed some promise.

CD need to lift. They were a b it of an embarrassment.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
To all the members in this thread, I have a question?

Which tournament got better attention?

Champions League T20 2009?

Or

Champions League T20 2010?
Put it this way - I only just realised this tournament is actually on at the moment! :shy:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
First time I had a look at them yesterday, I thought they'd turned up in their practice kits tbh. Been a while since a team sported bottoms that didn't match the tops.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Pretty good total that is for the Redbacks, especially after that fairly dire start. Klinger was excellent throughout the innings and Ferguson's hitting was really good as well.

If Tait and Putland get a few early wickets then I'm confident the Redbacks can win this one. I'm not sure about having Bailey and O'Brien in the same team though will work, especially in South Africa. I would rather have George or Haberfield in the team then Bailey.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I can hardly wait to watch this on telly. So weird following on cricinfo, then going back in time to watch from the start when the delayed telecast comes on. Damn f1's and their massive following!

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Pretty pacy first over from Tait. Can see why he and Lee (in last years CLT20) are a terror at this level, where domestic batsmen are having to face up to speeds they've never encountered before in their careers.

Woodster

International Captain
Cullen Bailey really struggled to find his length, has had 2 overs, can't really see him getting any more.

shivfan

Banned
Royal Challengers Bangalore team
R Dravid, JH Kallis, RV Uthappa†, LRPL Taylor, CL White, V Kohli, B Akhil, P Kumar, DW Steyn, A Kumble*, ND Doshi
Guyana team
S Chattergoon, TM Dowlin, RR Sarwan*, N Deonarine, CD Barnwell, RT Crandon, JA Foo, DO Christian†, LJ Cush, EA Crandon, D Bishoo

shivfan

Banned
Dowlin out after a laboured innings, and Chattergood celebrates with two boundaries in a row....

Funny dropped catch by Dravid!
:laugh:
Six to Sarwan!

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Some of my fears about Guyana were proven right in this match. Out of all the teams in the Caribbean, they are the least well equipped to cope with a bouncy surface. Put them on a slow/low surface and they will hold their own against anyone but they just didn't look like competing today.