• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

Shri

Mr. Glass
Uthappa is a beast. Scary line-up for the rcb tbh. Uthappa, Taylor and White in the midle order who are capable of hitting big from the 1st ball and Kohli, Dravid and Kallis can block from one end if there is a collapse. Tipping them t be dark horses in this tournie.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
One's telecast in Aus is really pissing me off. They act like it's live and even delay the start more by talking about the game. Wish Fox had of gotten the coverage as well as one as it would be on live then.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but the choices otherwise aren't great; pick George with Tait in the side and you have two 11's and two slugs in the field, pick Haberfield and you have a marginally better fielder but a weaker bowler.

At least Bailey can bat....

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Redbacks will go nowhere with Putland and Bailey in the bowling attack.
Agree about Bailey. He deafinitely should not be in the team even if he is a decent batsmen. He bowled absolutely pathetic last night, every ball was half way down the pitch. Bailey just asks to be belted when he bowls tbh. I think Putland can do a job though with the ball providing he doesn't open the bowling, he will prosper if he comes on at about the 6th over and bowls that really full length at good pace. He has shown he can do a really good job doing that.

I'd have George in the team myself, him and Tait can open the bowling.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder what happened to Minigolf's much-vaunted movement.

Reckon he'd be a handier bowler if he varied his pace all Bracken-like. Might even go for < 7 per over.

shivfan

Banned
Some of my fears about Guyana were proven right in this match. Out of all the teams in the Caribbean, they are the least well equipped to cope with a bouncy surface. Put them on a slow/low surface and they will hold their own against anyone but they just didn't look like competing today.
To be fair, which WI side can cope with a bouncy pitch? Trinidad's a good side, but they probably only did well, because they played in the CL when it was on Indian pitches....

Until we in the West Indies go back to preparing bouncy pitches, i.e. at Bridgetown and Kingston, we're forever going to be languishing in the bottom half of the rankings.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Eagerly awaiting Victoria's first game.

The bowling has few issues, probably the strongest T20 bowling line-up in the tournament. They key to winning some games is for the batsmen to place some good targets. Victoria struggled in the Big Bash last season with the usual performers like Hodge, Hussey and White not in the greatest of touch. It wasn't until Finch showed some class that Victoria looked a good team again.

Too many unknowns going into this tournament. Wade struggled opening the batting last season, Quiney is seriously overrated as a T20 batsmen and Maxwell is unproven. One of those guys will need to match the output of Finch for Victoria to do well. I don't want to be left in the situation of only being able to cheer the South Australians on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hmmm, good mate told me to load up on the Vics at the innings break because of the dew and Warriors having two spinners. Lucky for me I had withdrawn all my money from my betfair account so couldn't bet.

May have saved me a bit of dough, because it's going to be tough for the Vics.