• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

blewatt

Cricket Spectator
Who are Chennai's foreign players??

Hayden, Kemp, A. Morkel, Murali and Bollinger???

To me thats a good group to choose from. Add your top Indian players as well.

Can't wait to see how the Durban track will play. If its true and fast as usual...we may see plenty of boundaries.

You missed out Mike Hussey, he is another great player. It's very tough for MS Dhoni to pick 4 foreign players. Hayden, Morkel, Murali & Bollinger are playing this match

Blewatt

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
To all the members in this thread, I have a question?

Which tournament got better attention?

Champions League T20 2009?

Or

Champions League T20 2010?

blewatt

Cricket Spectator

Or

I think this tournament (Champions League T20 2010) has got better attention

Blewatt

pasag

RTDAS

Or

This one has flown under the radar completely over here.

BTW, Champions Trophy >>>>>>>>>> Champions League, re: your other posts. Past few CTs have been a fantastic display of high level cricket.

Jayzamann

International Regular

Or

Hard to gauge so early into this tournament. Think with the 09 version, the perception was that the IPL teams were going to teach these small time provincial teams a lesson.

Simpler times.

SeamUp

International Coach
When there's either moisture from earlier rain or it being overcast during play...Durban can be unplayable with the pace, extra bounce and side-ways movement.

Raina in South Africa....:blink:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Badri is a class act. Too late to replace Dravid in tests? Dealt well with the short stuff once he got his eye in.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
First look I've got at Milne, who turned a few heads at the end of last season. Seems spritely enough and with a decent action, although he's no quicker than Tim Southee was at his age.

SeamUp

International Coach
Rubbish, the atmosphere in PE was fantastic.. Plus, if you are expecting Indian crowds, you are probably going to be left unhappy anyway..
What game were you watching?

Not too many better atmosphere's than at St. Georges Park in world cricket. Especially when its the Warriors or SAF in action.

Interesting to see how Centurion is today. They normally get full crowds and its a family vibe but SA or the Titans aren't in the tournament.

If there is any top quliaty cricket game at Newlands, it would be full.

The Wanderers and Kingsmead were about two-thirds full or so which isn't that bad I guess considering spring has only just started and the rugby season is still on.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
First look I've got at Milne, who turned a few heads at the end of last season. Seems spritely enough and with a decent action, although he's no quicker than Tim Southee was at his age.
Yeah, I saw a bit of him. He looked decent. That ball to get Raina was a good'un. Take away the baby face and you wouldn't know he was 18, because the ocassion didn't get to him.

Flem274*

123/5
Damn, missed this game because I was out in the wop wops. A decent fight by the team in parts, but CSK are stacked full of awesome players and even with Taylor, Napier, and Oram they would have been a tough challenge.

Liked the bowling order we picked, but the batting was a bit wierd. I would have played Weston over Worker and I think Noema-Barnett was a position or two too high, but meh. I'm assuming Diamanti is unable to bowl because of injury? Good to see Doug Bracewell got some runs, and would have preffered he swapped positions with Noema-Barnett tbh. But can't really blame the young dudes, this tournament batting wise was always going to depend on Sinclair, How and Ingram since we've lost some of our best players.

How did the bowlers look? Great to see Milne had a good start. How did he look guys?

I know I'm the big poo pooer of a certain left arm fast bowler, but considering he's coming off a hip injury and hasn't bowled in yonks even I didn't expect him to come out at 145kph from the get go.

I hope we put in a good showing in the next game, and I promise not to rant about losing three big names too much. Honest.