• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Was doing it fine tonight and the other night at the Rose Bowl. Just a stupid dismissal in the 20's or 30's which sums up his entire ODI career!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pietersen is a must for India as it is.

He is your best bet in either a flat 300+ track or a low 180 par score turner.

Would keep rest of the team as it is?
Don't really think Bopara, Stokes or Dernbach should have their names etched in cement by any stretch of the imagination.

Jacknife

International Captain
Don't really think Bopara, Stokes or Dernbach should have their names etched in cement by any stretch of the imagination.
Agree, with Dernbach you get the impression he gets rattled quickly and dwells on poor deliveries for too long, the other thing thing I personally don't like is he uses the slower ball far too often and tends to go to them when he's been hit for a boundary. Hopefully working with Saker can improve the skills he's got and make him more smart about when and where he bowls his deliveries.
Bopara still fills me with zero confidence what so ever but as a back up for injuries I'm OK with.
Stokes like I said earlier seems very nervous, whether fielding or batting but hopefully a few more games under his belt and he will find his feet . He really could turn out to be a hell of a player and to add to that his bowling I believe is better than Bopara's, the kid's only 20 so he's really only just started and he may take time to adjust to this level.
I'd love for the selectors to take Buttler on the next tour as back up keeper because of all the young up and coming guys he impresses me more than anyone else., he seems to have that x factor that your rarely see in many young players.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dernbach should play most one day games or an equivalant should to rest the test players as and when they see fit.

Bopara shouldn't be in the side and Stokes should get a chance for 10 games or so and if he pays off great and if he doesn't he knows what he needs to work on and is young enough like Bresnan was in his disastrous debut against Sri Lanka.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From a purely selfish stand point, I'd like to see England rest a few more of their top players to make the rest of the series more a spectacle

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Dernbach should play most one day games or an equivalant should to rest the test players as and when they see fit.

Bopara shouldn't be in the side and Stokes should get a chance for 10 games or so and if he pays off great and if he doesn't he knows what he needs to work on and is young enough like Bresnan was in his disastrous debut against Sri Lanka.
Got no issues with Stokes playing this series and the series in India. I've not really been all that impressed by him in his limited outings thus far but I think these games represent a chance to give a player some good international exposure and gives the management an opportunity to look at him closely.

If he doesn't perform, he goes back to Durham and the Lions an England player and with an idea of the step up he needs to properly cement a place in the international side.

I'd like them to call up James Taylor for the last 2 ODIs, he must be wondering wtf he has to do to get a proper international call up.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I would like to see them go with Butler as he has shown ability to be calm under pressure. But on the other hand they can't do away with Stokes after 2 international innings. They pretty much have to give him a go in India.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Another reason to keep Bell in and around the ODI set-up, despite his shocking dismissals, is the fact he is the best fielder in world cricket now!

As for the youngsters....

Hales, Stokes, Taylor, Buttler, Woakes, Briggs, Finn etc. all look sensational talents. But sometimes you just have to let them learn their games and make their mistakes away from the International cameras and scathing critics.

Anyone who can hit a cricket ball like Stokes at 19/20 (Not to mention bowling 83+mph outswing) is going to have an International career. But he's obviously very nervous and so you can only assume he's got doubts himself as to whether he's ready!

If someone like Ashwin gets him a few more times over this series and the next series, suddenly everyone will assume he can't play spin, which is rubbish because he can play spin very, very well. He's just nervous and very raw! You get the odd freak like Cook who just comes in and stays there for good. But most mere mortals have to come in, see what it takes, go away and then come back in 2-3 years time!

I think it would be sensible to bring in Buttler, Briggs and Taylor in India, leave Stokes to get his finger fit and work on his game. Just rotate the kids for the next few years and let them learn the ropes very slowly! Hopefully by 2015, we'll have a fantastic squad!