• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Well played Bresnan, well played Ravinder, well played Craigy.

The rest were very poor in that chase. What Ian Bell was doing I have no idea. Is he determined to throw away his ODI career? So much talent! Wasting it!

Ben Stokes' innings was horrible. Time to maybe pull him out of the firing line. The kids we've put in this Summer haven't stepped up. Taylor, Stokes, Borthwick etc. all flopped.

Bowling was good, but same old problems in the middle overs. We desperately, desperately need a wicket-taker in those middle overs. Broad isn't doing it at the moment.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well played Bresnan, well played Ravinder, well played Craigy.

The rest were very poor in that chase. What Ian Bell was doing I have no idea. Is he determined to throw away his ODI career? So much talent! Wasting it!

Ben Stokes' innings was horrible. Time to maybe pull him out of the firing line. The kids we've put in this Summer haven't stepped up. Taylor, Stokes, Borthwick etc. all flopped.

Bowling was good, but same old problems in the middle overs. We desperately, desperately need a wicket-taker in those middle overs. Broad isn't doing it at the moment.
Ha. Taylor had one innings. Stokes has had two innings in tricky circumstances and hasn't been fit to bowl yet. Borthwick had a useful little cameo and bowled one over. Get a grip.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, flop is way too strong a word. I definitely like the look of Stokes for one, though I have no idea what he was doing with his dismissal today

Jacknife

International Captain
I've seen Stokes a few times down at Headingley and on the TV and he does look the part but he looks nervous as hell, in the field and batting. Hopefully the more he plays the more comfortable he feels because with his bowling and big hitting he's going to be a great little player.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ha. Taylor had one innings. Stokes has had two innings in tricky circumstances and hasn't been fit to bowl yet. Borthwick had a useful little cameo and bowled one over. Get a grip.
Yeah, I'm yet to be convinced by Stokes but writing them off after a handful of games is nonsense.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taylor got one innings, and has also scored buckets vs SL "A", and Borthwick bowled one over to Kevin O'Brien on a club ground, whilst hitting crucial late order runs! Hardly fair to write them off based on that...

Knee jerk much?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Absurd match. Never should have been close, but I am grateful for the bowlers getting him home. Bopara... I'd like to say he kept his cool, but it seems to me that Bopara is more the sort not to notice the state of a game rather than not let it affect him. But hey, sometimes that's an advantage.

Stokes doesn't seem ready. Has bags of talent, no doubt, but I'd be fine with giving him another season. I'd quite like to see Buttler in both LO sides - he's a player whose one-day game is just about completely worked out, whereas Stokes is very raw.

Dernbach, I stand by what he said. He got us into this mess by not doing the one job he's in the team to do.

Deserved MotM award for Jadeja. Really not sure what the derision was about. I'm not sure where he'd fit into a full strength lineup, as his batting appears to be merely competent (and stood out on day where batting competence was lacking). But the important thing is he can bowl, and properly. Not a time to write the kid off.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you read?

I said India were lucky on D/L the first in this thread and then again 3 times including to you too.:wacko:

The momentum at the time of the rain and the wet ball after it favored you though. And i cannot see any grounds for disagreement on that.

Edit - And we forgot the tosses in that whole debate.:p
meh, couldn't care less, no way did all those overs being taken off, with few runs be an advandtage to anyone but India, even with a wet ball. we crushed you, your clutching a pathetic, tenuous link, which only you agree with.

Won easily, because you lot really aren't very good.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Woah Woah Woah!!! WOAH!!!!

I did not say they will not make it or that they are talentless!

All I said, was that everyone wanted a huge revolution post World Cup and to bring in Hales, Stokes, Taylor et al and what has happened? All haven't delivered so far.

There's no point picking kids if they aren't ready and all three of these didn't look ready! But I have NO DOUBTS that they will be top class ODI/Test talents in 3-5 years!

Flop may be a strong word, but scores of 0, 8, 3, 20 etc. ain't exactly delivering.

Jacknife

International Captain
Absurd match. Never should have been close, but I am grateful for the bowlers getting him home. Bopara... I'd like to say he kept his cool, but it seems to me that Bopara is more the sort not to notice the state of a game rather than not let it affect him. But hey, sometimes that's an advantage.

Stokes doesn't seem ready. Has bags of talent, no doubt, but I'd be fine with giving him another season. I'd quite like to see Buttler in both LO sides - he's a player whose one-day game is just about completely worked out, whereas Stokes is very raw.

Dernbach, I stand by what he said. He got us into this mess by not doing the one job he's in the team to do.

Deserved MotM award for Jadeja. Really not sure what the derision was about. I'm not sure where he'd fit into a full strength lineup, as his batting appears to be merely competent (and stood out on day where batting competence was lacking). But the important thing is he can bowl, and properly. Not a time to write the kid off.
Agree with you on that, I'd have loved to see how Buttler would have gone out there tonight, he just seems to have that little extra something, especially in tense match situations, very much like Morgan, apart from that he has every shot in the book. he'd make the perfect finisher for England.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Problem is, Bell is our best player of spin (along with KP), now Morgan's not there. We'll need that out in India.

But if he insists on these absurd dismissals for the remainder of this series, you can't take him. He should be one of the great ODI batsmen with his skills. But like Matty Prior, he just can't do it for some reason known only to him and Prior!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Problem is, Bell is our best player of spin (along with KP), now Morgan's not there. We'll need that out in India.

But if he insists on these absurd dismissals for the remainder of this series, you can't take him. He should be one of the great ODI batsmen with his skills. But like Matty Prior, he just can't do it for some reason known only to him and Prior!
He's not a great player of spin in ODIs.

He got dropped from the ODI side last time we were in India, and didn't make a comeback until the series last year against Bangladesh. Since then, he's averaged 30 and struck at 76. If it wasn't for his Test form he'd be nowhere near the ODI side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: Jadeja got MOTM. A bit gutted I didn't bet on it but still chuffed to have called it. Will dig up the post from a week or so ago. :p

OMM!

U19 12th Man
As in he can't hit them for six? Because he's more than capable of playing and rotating the strike against spin in ODIs.