• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
That's the D*ream over then. Fizzled out a bit.

Well played Oz.
What's the * for?

Disappointing, the World XI were in a very good position before the Sangakkara runout. Despite the rhetoric it's pretty obvious that in World XI matches the focus is inevitably going to be on individual rather than team performances, but none of the World XI players have been particularly brilliant thus far. Sangakkara's really been the only one to impress in both matches, a number of others (Vettori, Gayle, Murali etc.) have been quite solid but the vast majority have underperformed. Oh well, I guess the fact that (from the World XI point of view) team performances are immaterial means that the dead rubber shouldn't be as boring as usual.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
So ROW has preferred Gayle over Sehwag putting Gayle as the super sup when they could have put Sehwag in the same position. So according to the ROW selectors and the team management of ROW Sehwag>Gayle opposed to the view of some members on the forum.
What is the meaning of this post?

Of course the selectors preferred Sehwag over Gayle, because they picked Sehwag in the first place, which lead to the discussions that they'd got the wrong man, which more and more people are stating...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
Gayle gone to Watson, silly shot from the sounds of things - this brings either Lara, Kallis or Dravid to the crease!! Well batted CHG, a fantastic little knock, even if it could have lasted a bit longer.

EDIT: It's Kallis.
I think they missed a trick there.

With such a long lineup, maybe sending someone like Flintoff or Pietersen in at that point would've worked better - continue to score the runs quickly and get the game away from Australia. It was during a power play wasn't it?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Adamc said:
What's the * for?
Really showing my age now, but there used to be a v poor dance act over here called D*Ream (pronounced dee-ream); I adopted the habit of saying "the D*ream's over" instead of "the dream's over" & it's stuck.

That concludes today's history lesson, children. :p

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
Really showing my age now, but there used to be a v poor dance act over here called D*Ream (pronounced dee-ream); I adopted the habit of saying "the D*ream's over" instead of "the dream's over" & it's stuck.

That concludes today's history lesson, children. :p
Haha, okay. I usually get your allusions, but that one had me confused. :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
3 best?

McGrath yes, but who are the other 2, and how are they better ODI bowlers than Lee?
Ah, MacGill is a much better bowler than anyone else on the paddock and I cant remember the other guy's name but he is a fat, blonde **** if that's any help.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I think they missed a trick there.

With such a long lineup, maybe sending someone like Flintoff or Pietersen in at that point would've worked better - continue to score the runs quickly and get the game away from Australia. It was during a power play wasn't it?

Lara should have gone in ahead of Kallis, that would have been enough for mine he certainly knows how to score runs

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Warne's retired from ODIs and MacGill has played a grand total of 3.

How can they be 2 of your 3 best ODI bowlers?

social

Anyway, 2 matches and 2 hammerings.

Amazing what motivation a series loss can be for a team.

World X1 needs to look at their batting order - both Lara and Dravid (in particular) are batting too low.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, we won the series! :laugh: Good on the Aussie boys, great effort. The World XI were very disappointing though

social

marc71178 said:
Warne's retired from ODIs and MacGill has played a grand total of 3.

How can they be 2 of your 3 best ODI bowlers?
Warne will play in the next WC and MacGill continues to receive the worst treatment of any bowler in world cricket.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
Ah, MacGill is a much better bowler than anyone else on the paddock and I cant remember the other guy's name but he is a fat, blonde **** if that's any help.
How can Macgill be our best bowler when he cant even make the team.

Anti Macgill personally...