• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Slow Love™

International Captain
OUT!

Fairly rotten innings from Kallis - to be honest, it wouldn't have hurt us too much to keep him around a little while longer. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
World XI are falling apart here, it could fall to the Englishmen to save the world - Flintoff in now, KP looks like he's coming in at 8! That's outrageous, a man averaging 80-odd down there.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Blaze said:
Don't you want R.O.W to win? To make the third game mean something?
I never barrack against the Aussies, so I can't say that, to be honest. I'd certainly like it to be a better contest, though. But I was just giving an honest opinion of where I thought the game was at, really - it's not as if the World XI is completely out of this.

And whether the series was a waste of time or not would be more of an issue before it started, I would have thought. Obviously a lot of people thought the World XI would blitz Australia - call me parochial, but I am kinda enjoying the fact that it hasn't panned out. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Slow Love™ said:
Nice self-protective work from Kallis there, ensuring that the in-form Sangakkara heads back to the pavilion.

yep, I thought the RoW side were playing pretty well together as a team, until that. TBH, I think Kallis would have done the same even if it was RSA he was playing for. He always stuck me as a rather selfish cricketer. Niggles appearing when facing big teams etc..

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
World XI are falling apart here, it could fall to the Englishmen to save the world - Flintoff in now, KP looks like he's coming in at 8! That's outrageous, a man averaging 80-odd down there.
Injured himself in the field, looks like a hamstring, couldn't run. Probably explains it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Blaze said:
Brian Lara = shadow of his former self
He hasn't played an ODI in ages. And he himself said he was more comfortable playing the longer version of the game. Plus, there was all the pressure from Kallis playing maiden overs during the last powerplay when the required rate is still over 6. Not the best shot, but I thought it was just the placement that was wrong, or he could have taken the aerial route much better.

Slow Love™

International Captain
honestbharani said:
How is it going? Have RoW bitten the dust yet? So much for my prediction. :(
It ain't over yet. They have about 111 balls to go, 135 to win, and 5 wickets in hand. It'll be very tough from here, but the fat lady isn't singing. Dravid and Flintoff are in, and there's still Pietersen and Pollock to come.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
honestbharani said:
[b\He hasn't played an ODI in ages. And he himself said he was more comfortable playing the longer version of the game. [/b] Plus, there was all the pressure from Kallis playing maiden overs during the last powerplay when the required rate is still over 6. Not the best shot, but I thought it was just the placement that was wrong, or he could have taken the aerial route much better.
All these excuses if at all the reasons for a poor inning which would be quite clear before the series - should have meant it better for Lara to opt out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Slow Love™ said:
It ain't over yet. They have about 111 balls to go, 135 to win, and 5 wickets in hand. It'll be very tough from here, but the fat lady isn't singing. Dravid and Flintoff are in, and there's still Pietersen and Pollock to come.
With that situation the match is still on.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, what I mean is that he HAS played a couple of poor shots to get out, but I still think Kallis is more of a villain as far as this game goes than Lara. I am still backing Lara to do well in this series (the 1 dayer and that 1 test) but Kallis, he was terribly disappointing. Okay, the run out happened but why was it so tough for him to sacrifice himself?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
honestbharani said:
No, what I mean is that he HAS played a couple of poor shots to get out, but I still think Kallis is more of a villain as far as this game goes than Lara. I am still backing Lara to do well in this series (the 1 dayer and that 1 test) but Kallis, he was terribly disappointing. Okay, the run out happened but why was it so tough for him to sacrifice himself?
I am not saying Lara is a or the villain. Lara would have done better to opt out if the reasons for his poor performance you pointed out are true.

But why should so many excuses be given to a poor inning of Lara. He is a quality player and it wont surprise any one if he makes runs in the next match.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pratyush said:
I am not saying Lara is a or the villain. Lara would have done better to opt out if the reasons for his poor performance you pointed out are true.

But why should so many excuses be given to a poor inning of Lara. He is a quality player and it wont surprise any one if he makes runs in the next match.
Not excuses really. He played an utterly stupid shot in the first game. In the second game, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. The innings by Kallis and the fact that it was the last couple of overs with the powerplay might have prompted that effort by Lara. But still, poor execution, I guess.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think it was Sangakarra's call for the fatal run, but Kallis seems such a pantomime villain I almost expected him to be twirling his moustache & cackling evilly afterwards! :D

Cameron White's action looks a lot like Chris Harris's to me. Doesn't push it thru quite so quick, but both have that v high arm action for (alleged) leggies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BoyBrumby said:
I think it was Sangakarra's call for the fatal run, but Kallis seems such a pantomime villain I almost expected him to be twirling his moustache & cackling evilly afterwards! :D

Cameron White's action looks a lot like Chris Harris's to me. Doesn't push it thru quite so quick, but both have that v high arm action for (alleged) leggies.
It is not about the call. yes, Sangy's was a poor call, but the team comes first and the team would have been better served if Kallis had sacrificed his wicket for Sangy, there certainly was time to do so, if he had wanted to.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Wow, what a strange dismissal - Flintoff completely lost his feet there, and just spooned it to Symonds.

Did somebody (was it Robertinho?) have money on Bracken taking at least two wickets for under 45 runs today? Let's see if we wipe the laughter off PY's face. :) He's only got about 12 runs to play with though - maybe if he doesn't bowl his ten...

EDIT: It was andyc and Robertinho.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If KP can get thru the next couple of overs the last ten should be good value. Sort of situation that's made for him.