• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
7 ducks against 1, yet some people are saying Flintoff throws it away more...
how can you determine whether someone throws it away more by the # of ducks i remember a few of those ducks he made last season & other than the run out vs Eng in the CC semi-final a lot were good deliveries.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
No he doesnt, as clearly shown by the better player being the one who won the ODI player of the year last year, averages a fraction more with the bat and about half with the ball.
i'm talking about batting alone not all-round performance.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Throwing the wicket away is not dependent on how many ducks you have or dont have.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Those quoted stats of Symonds cannot be correct "since and including the World Cup", as Symonds has scored two centuries against Pakistan since and including the World Cup.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The figures I got are from the start of the WC (way back in this thread) - but I didn't include the detailed lists and can't be bothered to go back and check if they agreed.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I don't see how a duck is throwing it away... that's getting out before you get a start. Throwing it away is making 20 off 30 then hitting it to deep midwicket.

Craig

World Traveller
Have to agree with Michael Holding about bringing Chris Gayle on? Shoaib has been expensive and has only bowled five overs, yet Gayle can come on and bowl his last five. And the reasoning that Shaoib can bowl the last five overs doesn't wash with me as Gayle is just as good at the death, if not better? Once again unimaginative captaincy by Pollock/or poor World XI tatics.

Craig

World Traveller
aussie said:
if R.O.W bowlers dont get their head in order for the remainder of the innings with these 2 plus Symo, Pup n Hussey to come 350 aint out of the eqaution
109 off 9.2 overs, computer says no.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This really has been a remarkable effort from Australia, to come back from the Ashes defeat and perform so brilliantly against such a brilliant team.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Have to agree with Michael Holding about bringing Chris Gayle on? Shoaib has been expensive and has only bowled five overs, yet Gayle can come on and bowl his last five. And the reasoning that Shaoib can bowl the last five overs doesn't wash with me as Gayle is just as good at the death, if not better? Once again unimaginative captaincy by Pollock/or poor World XI tatics.
word R.O.W dont seem to be working out their options very well..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
This really has been a remarkable effort from Australia, to come back from the Ashes defeat and perform so brilliantly against such a brilliant team.
word out sean, shows how though the boys are...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Those quoted stats of Symonds cannot be correct "since and including the World Cup", as Symonds has scored two centuries against Pakistan since and including the World Cup.
Correct these are the relavent stats

71 59 13 2107 143* 104* 91* 45.80 2 13 8

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I wouldnt say the match is over whatever the score Australia make considering ROW has a very good batting. It will be tough though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So ROW has preferred Gayle over Sehwag putting Gayle as the super sup when they could have put Sehwag in the same position. So according to the ROW selectors and the team management of ROW Sehwag>Gayle opposed to the view of some members on the forum.

Craig

World Traveller
Well this innings by Ponting shows that if you write him off - wait and suffer at your peril.

I'm not saying I'm a Ponting fan (have been critical of him as a captain) or he is one of my favourites, but when he is playing well he is one of the most exciting batsmen to watch bat (unless it is against your team of course).

And Martyn's knock now (he's just got his 50) shows the selectors "see I am still usefull and I'm not over the hill just yet".

Craig

World Traveller
Shaoib's on 5-0-36-0 an rpo of 7.2 an over.

Why isn't Gayle on and bowling his overs?

Although Gilchrist was on fire.

Blaze

Banned
FaaipDeOiad said:

You have got to question how much effort some of the R.O.W players are putting into it.