• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official ** Sri Lanka in New Zealand tour

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SL Team has landed in NZ and Atapattu and coach Dyson had words of comfort for the Black caps on their pounding by the Aussies !!

As every team receives similar treatment handed out by the Cricketing Colossus (Australia) !! :D :D

Blaze

Banned
JASON said:
SL Team has landed in NZ and Atapattu and coach Dyson had words of comfort for the Black caps on their pounding by the Aussies !!

As every team receives similar treatment handed out by the Cricketing Colossus (Australia) !! :D :D

Ok thanks for that

anzac

International Debutant
southern man said:
Hes a top order batsman. Who has scored more than 500 runs this season.
I thought he was meant to be a wrist spinner - is he now another 'convert'.............

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Major Cricket Associations XI All out 321 Craig McMillan 121 .

Major Associations XI 1st innings R B M 4 6
PG Fulton run out (Chandana) 22 56 74 3 0
JM How lbw b Maharoof 19 45 71 3 0
MS Sinclair st Sangakkara b Chandana 38 43 66 5 0
*CD McMillan c Sangakkara b Malinga 121 164 232 11 5
RL Taylor lbw b Maharoof 10 28 36 1 0
AJ Redmond st Sangakkara b Herath 15 36 57 1 0
+GJ Hopkins c Sangakkara b Malinga 50 106 119 4 0
JAF Yovich c Sangakkara b Malinga 0 3 8 0 0
BP Martin b Perera 18 26 41 2 1
WC McSkimming not out 4 10 19 0 0
GW Aldridge b Perera 8 13 14 0 0
Extras (b 1, lb 3, w 5, nb 7) 16
Total (all out, 87.1 overs) 321

FoW: 1-46 (How), 2-46 (Fulton), 3-111 (Sinclair),
4-132 (Taylor), 5-206 (Redmond), 6-264 (McMillan),
7-268 (Yovich), 8-309 (Martin), 9-309 (Hopkins),
10-321 (Aldridge, 87.1 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Perera 14.1 4 48 2
Malinga 19 3 57 3 (6nb,1w)
Maharoof 20 2 59 2
Chandana 20 2 87 1 (1nb)
Herath 11 1 40 1
Dilshan 1 0 3 0
Jayasuriya 2 0 23 0

Sri Lankans team:
*MS Atapattu, ST Jayasuriya, +KC Sangakkara, DPMD Jayawardene,
TM Dilshan, S Kalavitigoda, UDU Chandana, MF Maharoof,
HMRKB Herath, PDRL Perera, SL Malinga.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sangakkara 5 dismissals. Macka dropped a few times on his way to 121.

Out of the SriLankans, Vaas and Kulasekera and Samaraweera (who were rested will almost certainly play in Test). Malinga and Maharoof with Herath will probably make it to the final XI. Chandana IMO likely to miss out . I don't think he's going to trouble the Kiwi batsmen.

Will be interesting to see Tuffey's performance tomorrow .

anzac

International Debutant
wtf were they doing using Fulton to Open??????? IMO if they were really serious about him as a prospect they would have opened with Sinclair who has done so at intnl level this past season, and had Fulton at #3!!!!!!!! Alternatively if the pitch was good it would have been the perfect opportunity to have Macca open & lead from the front - give him the ultimate responsibility & see where his head's at....................

don't know what the wicket & conditions were like but from the scorecard the only batsmen who did their chances any good were Macca & Hopkins.................

as for Macca - well done on his ton, and another example of how he continues to frustrate..........despite this I'd still NOT consider him to start v SRL unless there were injuries to the current batting lineup v AUS.................

and for mind there would continue to be questions regarding his place in the squad until such time as Fulton is given a real opportunity to bat in his preferred position - yet again Macca is not required to go outside his comfort zone whereas the 'newbies / prospects' are!!!!!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Sangakkara 5 dismissals. Macka dropped a few times on his way to 121.

Out of the SriLankans, Vaas and Kulasekera and Samaraweera (who were rested will almost certainly play in Test). Malinga and Maharoof with Herath will probably make it to the final XI. Chandana IMO likely to miss out . I don't think he's going to trouble the Kiwi batsmen.

Will be interesting to see Tuffey's performance tomorrow .
Hmm i don't think they will go with 4 quicks (Vaas, Kulasekera, Malinga and Maharoof), either Herath or Chandana will play. Malinga and Maharoof look like their fighting for the 3rd seamers spot and Herath and Chandana for the spinners spot. But allot depends on the form of Kalavitigoda and Dilshan, if they both bat well then u make see seven batsmen but if one bats bad then Chandana my play as an all rounder.

Blaze

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
Hmm i don't think they will go with 4 quicks (Vaas, Kulasekera, Malinga and Maharoof), either Herath or Chandana will play. Malinga and Maharoof look like their fighting for the 3rd seamers spot and Herath and Chandana for the spinners spot. But allot depends on the form of Kalavitigoda and Dilshan, if they both bat well then u make see seven batsmen but if one bats bad then Chandana my play as an all rounder.
*shakes head in disbelief*

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
dinu23 said:
may I ask why?
Yeah i was wondering the same thing, either SL will play 7 batsmen and 4 bowlers or 6 batsmen and 5 bowlers, depending on the form of Kalavitigoda, Dilshan and Chandana.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Right arm fast said:
why hasnt there been play today can anyone in chch uppdate the weather situation
Hey do u guys know if their a web site in NZ that would provide live courage of the Sri Lanka tour match

psxpro

Banned
I'm not too sure, the radio is giving the nz vs aus match as well.
Are you srilankan?
Or a srilankan supporter?
How do you think this series will go?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
psxpro said:
I'm not too sure, the radio is giving the nz vs aus match as well.
Are you srilankan?
Or a srilankan supporter?
How do you think this series will go?
Im Sri Lanka and i think the matches will be close but i can't see the rain holding off and we would probably get 2 draws unforuntely. But if the rain holds off then i think the Sri Lankan batting line up should get us over the line, that if they turn up. I don't think their is too many bowlers that will trouble the Lankan outside Vettori but he hasn't been bowling that well IMO aganist Australia. Franklin got potential but so does Perera, Maharoof and Malinga. It would be interesting if we get 10 days of cricket, also Fleming will play a big role.

psxpro

Banned
Interesting. Despite this hiding I'd back us to win comfortably in NZ.
Remember last time we drew against you guys over there.
I don't rate your bowling attack at all esp without murali.
I think people are underestimating us a bit, remember we were playing Aussie. I think if the weather holds off we'll win. I think our batting lineup is stronger actually.
And with recently being tested by the aussies we will be better for it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
psxpro said:
Interesting. Despite this hiding I'd back us to win comfortably in NZ.
Remember last time we drew against you guys over there.
I don't rate your bowling attack at all esp without murali.
I think people are underestimating us a bit, remember we were playing Aussie. I think if the weather holds off we'll win. I think our batting lineup is stronger actually.
And with recently being tested by the aussies we will be better for it.
True but i think we put up a greater fight then u guys did against Australia even without Murali, at home and away. I think ur biggest problem is that our side isn't match harden, we hardly played any cricket over the last couple of months. I think if the Kiwis produce similar pitches to the ones they have aganist Australia, your batting line up is a little bit stronger, but if they produce pitches that provide more support to the quicks then our batter might struggle. But in terms our bowling attack will be more suited to those pitches, we pretty much have all swing bowlers.