• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

viriya

International Captain
Sigh.. I don't know anything about this kid and missing this action is killing me right now..

Why the **** has cricinfo classified him as rmf? How is 146kph medium-fast?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great confidence booster for the lad to get an early wicket, even if it was a sightly lucky played-on.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This kid will be able to get it up to 150 clicks. How have I never heard of him before? Normally Sri Lanka or any non-Pakistan Asian team would be waving the flag from the mere thought of it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine if he was from Australia or SA. it's obviously his sub par subcontinental genes that's keeping him below 100mph.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Our 2000s sides were awesome but the bowling had gaping holes. In 2007 we were struggling for two quicks to partner Bond and Oram since Mills was injured so we had Gillespie, Franklin and Mason. In 2003 we had Bond, Cairns and Tuffey but again we were looking for one more quick so rotated through Ian Butler and Andre Adams.

In 2003 we couldn't decide on an opening partner for Astle either.

KW, Taylor and modern Baz are a level above most of their former heroes. I'd put Astle, Cairns, Bond and Styris in this side but not the others. Maybe wicketkeeper Baz but it would be brutal on Ronchi.

Our best team was probably around 2009. Baz, Jesse, Guppy, Ross, Elliott, Styris, Oram, Vettori, Mills, Southee, AN Other. 2011 WC side also looks gun in retrospect.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
also: where the **** has this Chameera guy been?
Right? Looks a **** load better than half their blokes. Admittedly we haven't seen if he can bowl at the death at all, but jeez. This is exactly the sort of youngster you take on tour to New Zealand. Why have you been playing Karururunaaaaaa at 9?

Athlai

Not Terrible
On Williamson

Richardson: What great form hes in!
McCullum: I don't think it's form. I think it's just how good he is.