• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

viriya

International Captain
NZ might not mind Kane getting out early today to see how the middle order handles the pressure..

Ronchi can't fire again surely?

viriya

International Captain
SL fielding the ****tiest bowling attack they can imagine to lull NZ into a false sense of security for the WC opener..

Then come up with Malinga, Kula, Angelo, Sena, Herath to dash NZ dreams once more.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
Guptill has a very decent record - surely Latham can't bump him? NZ shouldn't do what the SL selectors did with their opener choice..

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
I think its safe to say gupss is now 12th man for the world cup. That was nearly as bad as Peter Ingram who got that massive edge and walked a few years ago.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kulasakara is such a class act. High hopes for Sri Lanka in the cup if Malinga and Mathews are able to complete out their seam attack. +norounder

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guptill has a very decent record - surely Latham can't bump him? NZ shouldn't do what the SL selectors did with their opener choice..
I don't think many are saying Guptill should definitely be dropped now, but if Latham scores runs today then maybe he has pushed ahead of him in the pecking order. We still have games against Pakistan and the warm ups before that question will be fully answered.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Even as a big Guptill fan, I concede that he might benefit from a break away from the top table in order to get his head right. Pity there's a CWC just around the corner...

viriya

International Captain
Even as a big Guptill fan, I concede that he might benefit from a break away from the top table in order to get his head right. Pity there's a CWC just around the corner...
No time for that now.. he's proven that he can make the big runs, Latham hasn't. Gotta keep the faith in your players..

No one except for Taylor has hit more tons that him in ODIs in the current squad.
Cricket Records | Records | New Zealand | One-Day Internationals | Most hundreds | ESPN Cricinfo

You don't wanna ditch that. Don't do a Tharanga on him.

viriya

International Captain
Latham not making use of this opportunity might turn out to be a good thing for NZ. Sometimes less options is best.

viriya

International Captain
The team NZ will field for the WC is undoubtedly the best ODI team they've ever had. I don't think it's even close. Barely a weakness imo.

viriya

International Captain
Dunno about that. We had a pretty strong one mid 2000s. The era of Bond.
The team feels complete. Ignore the fact that Guptill is struggling now and focus on his career record.. What's NZ's weakness? Spin? Vettori should do well enough. Lower order? Elliott, Ronchi, Anderson are way better than anything NZ had before. Not to mention the Big 3 at the top and the pace attack.

The only thing better mid-2000s was Bond.. A bowler that struck fear on the opposition. But there is barely any bowler like that in ODI cricket anymore.

If NZ don't get to the finals this time I would consider it a failure. Another semifinal doesn't cut it.

Last edited: