• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
No one will drop Yuvraj evidently. I'm a fan of his, but eventually he's gotta come to the party and score against a non-minnow team when we need him to. I wouldn't mind Rao staying in the team and Kaif taking Yuvraj's spot to give him a kick up the backside.

I could see Chappell maybe doing it, or requesting for him to not be in the side for one match or something, but I doubt it. He's a mainstay in the team and I can't figure out why.
Ideally, he should be played only as a super-sub for one batsman, maybe Sehwag.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indians have suffered two BIG blows- after Dilhara's bouncer got Dravid out, their striker, Irfan Pathan, was dismissed for no score, caught behind off Murali.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
!80 to get in about 15 overs. 6 down. Dhoni and Raina in. Now we will see what stuff these youngsters are made of.
*crosses fingers and toes*

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Irrespective of who wins this match, Dilhara Fernando will have a major role to play in the rest of the series. He's been bowling rather well in the last match and so far here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Holy crap sounds like its going to be a very tight finish, very tight indeed.

It seems to me that Murali has dragged SL back into the game after Rao went on his onslaught against Maharoof.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
Ideally, he should be played only as a super-sub for one batsman, maybe Sehwag.
And what happens if India fields first in this case ??

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Arjun was talking about Yuvraj, then clearly Yuvraj is super-subbed for a bowler like Harbhajan or Sree Santh. That way the batting order is stronger.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
If Arjun was talking about Yuvraj, then clearly Yuvraj is super-subbed for a bowler like Harbhajan or Sree Santh. That way the batting order is stronger.
You didnt read what he said ??

Arjun said:
Ideally, he should be played only as a super-sub for one batsman, maybe Sehwag..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I read it, I just misunderstood what he meant. I don't think Yuvraj should be super-sub though.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Exceptional batting by Dhoni and Raina so far.

The sixer-crazy Indian fans should see how one day criccket can be played.

Dhoni 1 boundary so far and raina 30 in 24 deliveries with just two boundaries. No sixes yet from these two.

We deify Bevan but want our batsmen to play jaat-buddhi cricket and when we lose so many matches we call it lack of mental strength. If Dhoni and Raina had batted anyother way it would have shown mental bankruptcy nothing more nothing less.

* goes back to crossed fingers and toes*

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Exceptional batting by Dhoni and Raina so far.

The sixer-crazy Indian fans should see how one day criccket can be played.

Dhoni 1 boundary so far and raina 30 in 24 deliveries with just two boundaries. No sixes yet from these two.

We deify Bevan but want our batsmen to play jaat-buddhi cricket and when we lose so many matches we call it lack of mental strength. If Dhoni and Raina had batted anyother way it would have shown mental bankruptcy nothing more nothing less.

* goes back to crossed fingers and toes*
Look at this

1 1 1 1 . . | 1 . . 1 1 1 | 1 1 3 2 1 4 | 1 1 4 2 2 1 | 2 1
Brilliant stuff.

Way to go. Now I have hopes for India. If this message goes home that one day matches can be won without jaat-buddhi, India will have some hopes to do better in 2007WC.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It keeps getting better

1 1 1 | 1 1 3 2 1 4 | 1 1 4 2 2 1 | 2 1 1 1 2 1 | 2 2

No dot balls in 23 deliveries and no sixes. Just 2 boundaries and another 30 all run. 38 in 23 balls.

Yesss

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
India's finest win of this series so far and Dhoni's exceptionally mature batting.

Brilliant, simply brilliant.

Proud moment for Indian cricket in more ways than one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
4-0, I can't believe it. Amazing considering India lost 3 on the trot to SL only a few months ago.

What a win, Dhoni is showing just how good he can be. Impressive stuff from Rao and Raina throughout the match too.

Its all looking good at the moment.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
I read it, I just misunderstood what he meant. I don't think Yuvraj should be super-sub though.
It is absolutely crazy to super sub a pure batsman for another pure batsman as super sub.

If India were to field first in this case, their would be no Yuvraj to field . I thought that was what finally kept him in the team despite preposterous failures with the bat.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
India's finest win of this series so far and Dhoni's exceptionally mature batting.

Brilliant, simply brilliant.

Proud moment for Indian cricket in more ways than one.
Knowing that he can fail (because the great AA is next in if he does and would be sure to bail him out if he did) must be a tremendous confidence-booster for the young man, ensuring that he doesn't.

shaka

International Regular
when they were 183/6 I had some doubts that Dhoni could repeat his feat and with them the game, and that it may be too far from that point. First home series win since beating Zimbabwe in 2002.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Knowing that he can fail (because the great AA is next in if he does and would be sure to bail him out if he did) must be a tremendous confidence-booster for the young man, ensuring that he doesn't.
POINT !!