• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
If he suggested Agarkar to bowl in a particular situation, and then the latter bowls crap, I think he would be willing.

You accuse of him being a choker. Now you're accusing him of being amoral/immoral? Someone who wouldn't accept his faults?

And even if you're not, it's a ridiculous line you've just uttered there...
What morals you are talking about ? May be you treat him as your god and you think he is all perfect but IMO he is as moral/immoral as the guy who just got fired from Indian captaincy.

Isn't he the same guy who asked for 1.5 crore of duty exemption on his Ferrari which was a 'personal' gift from Fiat ?

Just why did so many mumbai/maharashtra players play for India when SRT was the captain ?

Did he not Publicly take a swipe @ his spinner (Kumble) for not performing when it is a fact that Kumble has won us more matches than SRT will oever do.

Does he not endorse soft drink companies that have destroyed the backwaters of Kerala ?

Anyways, the point is If you believe SRT is all moral and performs well in important matches, fine but dont try to force it on me. Keep living in your world.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Quite ironically, since January 1, 2002, Dravid averages 27.55 in all finals and 24.75 in grand finals. Tendulkar, on the other hand, averages 34.75 in all finals and 29.83 in grand finals.

Move over Sachin, we've a new choker. Rahul Dravid!
Well once again, since you cant come up with a logic you bring another player into it. May be RD is a choker, may be he isn't and that may need some statistical analysis, but I dont know how that proves that SRT isn't a choker ?

RD isn't compared to Bradman, RD isn't called 'GOD is BACK' every time he scores a 50 (Didn't know gods were so prone to failure ;) )

RD is known as 'The wall' mainly due to his performance in tests and I can tell you that he has more than justified that adjective in last 4-5 years more than any other batsman in the world.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
What morals you are talking about ? May be you treat him as your god and you think he is all perfect but IMO he is as moral/immoral as the guy who just got fired from Indian captaincy.

Isn't he the same guy who asked for 1.5 crore of duty exemption on his Ferrari which was a 'personal' gift from Fiat ?

Just why did so many mumbai/maharashtra players play for India when SRT was the captain ?

Did he not Publicly take a swipe @ his spinner (Kumble) for not performing when it is a fact that Kumble has won us more matches than SRT will oever do.

Does he not endorse soft drink companies that have destroyed the backwaters of Kerala ?

Anyways, the point is If you believe SRT is all moral and performs well in important matches, fine but dont try to force it on me. Keep living in your world.

Those two things have always ridiculed me.

1. Players from Maharashtra:

Too many of them played in fact. Hrishikesh Kanitkar, who i feel should be nowhere near test cricket played 2 tests. Samir Dighe, Pharas Mhambrey, V Kambli all appeared, which they would not have done otherwise.

2. Then this Ferrari duty exemption, was something very unfair on fellow citizens like us.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
Well once again, since you cant come up with a logic you bring another player into it. May be RD is a choker, may be he isn't and that may need some statistical analysis, but I dont know how that proves that SRT isn't a choker ?

RD isn't compared to Bradman, RD isn't called 'GOD is BACK' every time he scores a 50 (Didn't know gods were so prone to failure ;) )

RD is known as 'The wall' mainly due to his performance in tests and I can tell you that he has more than justified that adjective in last 4-5 years more than any other batsman in the world.
No, I was countering your ridiculous logic applying the same nincompoopery to another exhibit.

And I'm an atheist anyway. I just label God for someone/anyone who's inspiring, because that's who I think God should be.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:

Blah, blah, blah...

Considering whatever you said, he isn't someone who won't accept his faults though, not in his cricket. Those morals I was talking about, which is why the "amoral/immoral" I used in my first argument.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Contrary to popular belief, Maharoof is not the regulation "tailender who eats Indian bowling" in the Lankan side. Rather, he bats like a genuine batsman and has immense striking power.......but to get out to Agarkar slogging requires some really bad timing.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
With regard to the around the wicket line, he only did it in ODIs, where anything outside the leg stump is wided. And he turns the ball more than Giles. :p
Well we always have an excuse for anything and everything wrong SRT does, dont we ??

Here is what Amit Varma(of Cricinfo & Wisden) writes on his blog 'India Uncut' how the Indians (SRT including) bowled during Banglore test :-

"....Sachin Tendulkar is bowling to Younis Khan, as I write this, with six men on the boundary, four of them on the leg side. He's bowling a negative line from round the wicket, outside the leg stump, angling across the batsman. Anil Kumble, bowling from the other end, is using the same tactics. The Indians are slow and easy between overs. Are they being too defensive? I think not. Is this how the game should be played? Why not? ...."

I am sure we will find another way to justify it. But hey I dont have a problem with your belief and it is okay but please dont try to convince me of all that....

http://indiauncut.blogspot.com/2005/03/defence-is-attack.html

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
No, I was countering your ridiculous logic applying the same nincompoopery to another exhibit.

And I'm an atheist anyway. I just label God for someone/anyone who's inspiring, because that's who I think God should be.
I dont care who you want to worship or what your religious beliefs are, just dont try to force your god on me. If you find SRT inspiring enough to worship, good for you. I dont find SRT inspiring, I would rather have a Leaner Paes over SRT any day. Watch out Lee win us countless tennis matches when he represented India in Davis Cup or Olympics. All this while SRT was too busy writting his Import duty exemption letter, shooting for his Pepsi commercial.

SRT chokes in big matches since the 2000-2001 season and the best explanation you could come up with was 'Well Rahul also averages the same' hardly the way to counter my logic ? Why dont you tell us why SRT is averaging so poor in finals rather than telling me that Rahul does the same or Ponting does the same ?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh brother.....If Agarkar gets five, I'm sure Dilhara can get at least five for half as much.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Also I see that once again you have resorted to name calling just because I have a different opinion. Last time you did that, you know how I responded.

Once again, I request you not to resort to personal insults.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
I dont care who you want to worship or what your religious beliefs are, just dont try to force your god on me. If you find SRT inspiring enough to worship, good for you. I dont find SRT inspiring, I would rather have a Leaner Paes over SRT any day. Watch out Lee win us countless tennis matches when he represented India in Davis Cup or Olympics. All this while SRT was too busy writting his Import duty exemption letter, shooting for his Pepsi commercial.

SRT chokes in big matches since the 2000-2001 season and the best explanation you could come up with was 'Well Rahul also averages the same' hardly the way to counter my logic ? Why dont you tell us why SRT is averaging so poor in finals rather than telling me that Rahul does the same or Ponting does the same ?
I'm not telling you to care. Am I? No, I'm not. Am I? No, I'm not. Am I? No, I'm definitely not. Sorry for the repetition, but that's only how you won't pick up small points and make an ever-lasting argument about them. I was merely, merely, merely (there we go again), countering your point of accusing me of something, or at least that's what it seemed. You replied to me "RD isn't compared to Bradman, RD isn't called 'GOD is BACK' every time he scores a 50 (Didn't know gods were so prone to failure)" Find the post in this thread in which I said GOD is BACK. When I'm arguing against you on something, it doesn't mean you've to bring some trash in it to prove your point right. Use logic, my dear friend, use logic, not gasbaggery!

Yes, SRT chokes in big matches. So does everyone else. All batsman. Because there's a thing called pressure. So, if Tendulkar chokes, and Dravid chokes, why just call Tendulkar a choker?

And BTW, it was Bradman himself who compared Sachin with him. And as far as I know, he didn't compare Dravid with him. A great batsman said something, and people acknowledge that. It's a mark of respect on the player gaining the honour. You can't complain about why Sachin is compared with Bradman and Dravid is not. I know you didn't say that, but I just wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine.

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
Also I see that once again you have resorted to name calling just because I have a different opinion. Last time you did that, you know how I responded.

Once again, I request you not to resort to personal insults.
Name calling? I think your logic was "foolish", where's the name calling in that? Where? Where? Where?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
Oh brother.....If Agarkar gets five, I'm sure Dilhara can get at least five for half as much.
Shubh shubh bolo bhaiyya :-O

(Translation for mods : Dont even utter such black words, brother)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Blah, blah, blah...

Considering whatever you said, he isn't someone who won't accept his faults though, not in his cricket. Those morals I was talking about, which is why the "amoral/immoral" I used in my first argument.
I have never heard or read Sachin ever accepting his faults on promoting so many Maharashtra players...(let me guess...you are going to come up with..Every one does it) 8-)

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
I have never heard or read Sachin ever accepting his faults on promoting so many Maharashtra players...(let me guess...you are going to come up with..Every one does it) 8-)
Okay. Tendulkar is a choker, selfish, "insert a few more adjectives" etc.

Let's get on with our lives now.

:whistling

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Finally you got it right Sudeep.

Thats what that particular smily was made, dont you know
Its better than a thousand words. Really. :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
I'm not telling you to care. Am I? No, I'm not. Am I? No, I'm not. Am I? No, I'm definitely not. Sorry for the repetition, but that's only how you won't pick up small points and make an ever-lasting argument about them. I was merely, merely, merely (there we go again), countering your point of accusing me of something, or at least that's what it seemed. You replied to me "RD isn't compared to Bradman, RD isn't called 'GOD is BACK' every time he scores a 50 (Didn't know gods were so prone to failure)" Find the post in this thread in which I said GOD is BACK. When I'm arguing against you on something, it doesn't mean you've to bring some trash in it to prove your point right. Use logic, my dear friend, use logic, not gasbaggery!
Well, I am not the one who came out with stats or Dravid, Ponting or Inzi to prove that they also choke. Well who cares if they choke or not ?? I am discussing SRT not Inzi, RD or Ponting). I dont know what trash I tried to bring..You are the one who said 'God is back' I merely repeated it, if you think it was trash, well then you are the one whore posted that trash.

Yes, SRT chokes in big matches.
Thank You...

So does everyone else.
Who cares !! Anyways ever heard the name MICHAEL BEVAN, KLUSENER etc ?

All batsman. Because there's a thing called pressure. So, if Tendulkar chokes, and Dravid chokes, why just call Tendulkar a choker?
First of all I dont know whether Dravid Chokes or not, because I have not checked his stats on pressure games, if he fails in pressure games then be it he might as well be a choker too. He sure isn't a choker in test cricket as we have seen in last 5-6 years. Beside no, ALL batsmen dont fail under pressure.

And BTW, it was Bradman himself who compared Sachin with him. And as far as I know, he didn't compare Dravid with him. A great batsman said something, and people acknowledge that. It's a mark of respect on the player gaining the honour. You can't complain about why Sachin is compared with Bradman and Dravid is not. I know you didn't say that, but I just wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine.
Well If Bradman thought and said this thing about SRT, then he obviously is good(at least he was as long as Sir Don was alive) , but off late (since last 5-6 years or since 2000 oo so) he hasn't been that good especially in pressure games. Ironically Sir Don passed away about 5 years ago, may be he took SRT's magic touch with him. :p

Anyone who has watched Dravid since 2000 will tell you that Dravid has batted more like Bradman (If there is anysuch thing i.e. batting like Bradman ) in last 5 years and SRT was hardly anything like Bradman in last 5 years.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
Well, I am not the one who came out with stats or Dravid, Ponting or Inzi to prove that they also choke. Well who cares if they choke or not ?? I am discussing SRT not Inzi, RD or Ponting). I dont know what trash I tried to bring..You are the one who said 'God is back' I merely repeated it, if you think it was trash, well then you are the one whore posted that trash.
Did I? Did I? Did I?

And hope you get the following message:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Did I? Did I? Did I?
And hope you get the following message:
May be you didn't and my apologies if you didn't. I certainly dont remember every post of this thread and must have lost track of who said it and where.

Anyways, my point was not that YOU particularly said that 'God is Back', it was basically media saying that GOD is back after his 98 something score in the 1st ODI vs. SL. If I am not mistaken Cricinfo also quoted someone on one of their articles. This particular phrase wasn't something I invented for the sake of argument, it was already written/said by some Tendulkar fan on one of the most popular cricket site. If you think it was trash, then I must say that I merely quoted the trash posted on CRICINFO.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
There we go !!! Another 250+ score to chase...and another choke.

God is back...