• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Let me guess..Yuvraj's promotion must be SRT's idea ;) or how about SRT talking to Yuvraj on his way back to pavillion..must have said..something valuable...so valuable that Yuvraj emulates him.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
2. When is the "obvious talent" of Yuvraj going to make an appearance ?
Yuvraj scored 50 in Sri Lanka in July 2004. Since then he has scored (against NON-MINNOWS)
8, 13, 4, 24, 9, 0, 78, 16, 15, 1, 35no, 13, 18, 12, 42, 1, 22, 20, 14 and 18.

WOW !!

Yes sir, number five in the order is surely a problem for the Indian team. We may need his runs one of these days you know !!
And the glamorous run of scores continues.

I was afraid they might send HIM at three and they did. :@

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Let me guess..Yuvraj's promotion must be SRT's idea ;) or how about SRT talking to Yuvraj on his way back to pavillion..must have said..something valuable...so valuable that Yuvraj emulates him.
:wacko: You really are insatiable. Why do you (seemingly) hate Sachin so much?

PY

International Coach
Sanz said:
Get help man, you're just as bad as the people you denigrate. :wacko:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
:wacko: You really are insatiable. Why do you (seemingly) hate Sachin so much?
Well, that was just a swipe @ one of the posts made by someone in this thread after SRT got out in first ODIs...this guy posted that how SRT on his way out stopped to talk to Rahul (who was next man in) on who should be the next guy and blah blah blah..

Media and fans create their stories to hero worship and that I have a problem with. And that said..all I do is post my views on a web forum, I hope I have the right to do that. Unfortunately it doesn't go well with most of SRT fans (or fanatics one can say) and they will jump on you every time you say anything -ve about him.

I dont hate him man, but I dont like media idolizing him just because they need some one to hero worship..every time something good happens to Indian cricket, SRT has a hand in it and he can do no wrong..media created a hype when he was caught live tampering with the ball, media stays mum when things go wrong..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh for Christ's sake Sehwag, why can't you get a 50 :(

Murali gets Sehwag in his first over, SL still in it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Anyways..its a win win situation for India...Rao and other youngsters would get a chance to showcase their talent. Let's hope thay they do well and keep both Ganguly and Kaif out of the team or atleast make them compete for the spot.

Media has been speculating that Kaif would replace Rao for last ODIs which would be really unfair because Rao hasn't got a chance to play in the series at all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You can't really keep Kaif out of the team, since he's been our best batsman since the WC bar Tendulkar.

If Rao plays well here and they don't want to drop him, Kaif should take Yuvraj's spot then seeing as he's done nothing all series.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Eddie man..I will once Tendulkar fans stop hyping things up. Sehwag scored a triple century in Pak and his fans screamed that Tendulkar helped Sehwag reach his 300. How ridiculous ?

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
Well, that was just a swipe @ one of the posts made by someone in this thread after SRT got out in first ODIs...this guy posted that how SRT on his way out stopped to talk to Rahul (who was next man in) on who should be the next guy and blah blah blah..

Media and fans create their stories to hero worship and that I have a problem with. And that said..all I do is post my views on a web forum, I hope I have the right to do that. Unfortunately it doesn't go well with most of SRT fans (or fanatics one can say) and they will jump on you every time you say anything -ve about him.

I dont hate him man, but I dont like media idolizing him just because they need some one to hero worship..every time something good happens to Indian cricket, SRT has a hand in it and he can do no wrong..media created a hype when he was caught live tampering with the ball, media stays mum when things go wrong..
All in good spirits...

It's good to voice your opinion on something you don't agree with. But it's not good to be obsessive about it, like I can see on the page this post is going to end up on. We get it. You tried to make a point. But we still think Tendulkar is pretty darn good.

Now, you try and get it. We tried to make our point. You don't agree. There's no way either's going to agree with the other. So, stop poking around some more at Tendulkar (he's already out), and watch the match.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz said:
Agree on Kaif replacing Yuvraj, but who will drop Yuvraj ? SIX !!! :cool:
No one will drop Yuvraj evidently. I'm a fan of his, but eventually he's gotta come to the party and score against a non-minnow team when we need him to. I wouldn't mind Rao staying in the team and Kaif taking Yuvraj's spot to give him a kick up the backside.

I could see Chappell maybe doing it, or requesting for him to not be in the side for one match or something, but I doubt it. He's a mainstay in the team and I can't figure out why.