• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That is a great quote from Ranatunga, who has been writing some gem articles lately.

shankar

International Debutant
SJS said:
Actually, I get up in the morning and after the customory bow to Bhagwan Sachin's idol in the far corner of the room, I rush to wash my face hands and brush my teeth.
Hmph, some devotee! :@
I have his poster stuck on the ceiling above my bed so that I can see his face first thing after waking up and seek his blessings for the day. :sleep:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
To set the record straight, Dravid had clarified that Sachin and him talked about what would be a good score on that track to set for the Lankans. Obviously, because Sachin had been there for a long time, he could tell Dravid what would be a competitive score. But once again, the media do blow it out of proportion. This type of thing happens even in our backyard or beach games.
Dear, It was not aimed at you..I remember your post on this one where you posted what exactly happened. That post was by someone else who you quoted in your post (I guess).

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
All in good spirits...

It's good to voice your opinion on something you don't agree with. But it's not good to be obsessive about it, like I can see on the page this post is going to end up on. We get it. You tried to make a point. But we still think Tendulkar is pretty darn good.

Now, you try and get it. We tried to make our point. You don't agree. There's no way either's going to agree with the other. So, stop poking around some more at Tendulkar (he's already out), and watch the match.

Look up a few posts - Look how SRT fans are gloating, they wont let it go..they are behaving as if SRT is the who won us all the games..

The fact here is that India won two of the toughest games despite SRT choking and that is a good sign. Dravid showed us who is the 'backbone' of Indian batting..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Look up a few posts - Look how SRT fans are gloating, they wont let it go..they are behaving as if SRT is the who won us all the games..

The fact here is that India won two of the toughest games despite SRT choking and that is a good sign. Dravid showed us who is the 'backbone' of Indian batting..
Other than SJS who is just mercilessly taking the Mickey, there's not a lot of evidence to substantiate what you are saying - today, at any rate (I know there usually is a SRT supporters club). It's Dhoni who seems to be the flavour of the moment.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Eddie, Posts 672-675, 677, 680-682. Mostly aimed @ you-know-who. Anyways..it doesn't affect me much and I was just responding to what Sudeep said to stop the argument which I did..but unfortunately SRT fanatics cant let it go.

As for SJS's rants..I couldn't care less. He sure has a way of guessing what SRT & Rahul talked in between ;) ...it was exactly the point I have been talking about. People guess and imagine too much about what is happening but most of the times these imaginations/guesses are according to one's own personal biases. It was not the first time SRT talked to his captain while going out of the ground, this guy chose to highlight it with his own 'spice' as if this is a new phenomenon in Indian cricket.

Oh and during all this banter, my point remains valid - SRT failed in the two matches where India required to chase a formidable total.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Om Sri Sachinayeh Namaha
My modding for the day.

Rules of The Forum said:
Post in English only We welcome members from worldwide, but in all countries that cricket is played, English is spoken and English is the language of cricket, so all posts should be kept in this language.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
My modding for the day.
it just means "salutations to the great sachin"....it's just a prayer that all of us who regard sachin as god chant every day.... :D

Last edited:

amit1

Banned
and india wins the series 4-0 giving a huge kick on the faces of some so-called indian fans out here who were saying loudly that india will lose. the standard of indian support out here is dismally poor rading some of the posts out here.

it is no wonder that the better indian supporters have either been banned or they have left the forum.

india, will easily win this series 7-0 giving a even bigger kick on the faces of those so-called indian fans. even sri lankan fans out here have been better than the pathetic indian bunch we have out here

:@

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
Actually, I get up in the morning and after the customory bow to Bhagwan Sachin's idol in the far corner of the room, I rush to wash my face hands and brush my teeth.

- Then I cover my head and prepare to do my morning pooja.

- Then I light the 'agarbatti' and take it around the room before fixing it in front of Bhagwan Sachin's Idol on a silver plate which has silver bells and Nandi the bull (I call it Kambli).

- Then I do the Tendua- Vandana while jangling the bell in my left hand and moving the agarbatti laden silver plate in front of the Bhagwan

- Then I get some laddus from the fridge and place them in a katori before Sachins large picture in the corridor to seek his blessings and get him to accept the offering of the sweet

- After this I wake up my wife who grumbles like some of those on this forum but I shove a bit of the sweet in her mouth. Its for her own good you know.

- By this time my kiddoes, Axl and Chici are restless following me around, so I give them their part of the holy prasad.

My neighbours are very irritated by the early morning ringing of bells but I am fast acquiring the reputation of being a God fearing, religious guy in Hiranandani Gardens.

:sleep:

Om Sri Sachinayeh Namaha
Thats Gold.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
amit1 said:
and india wins the series 4-0 giving a huge kick on the faces of some so-called indian fans out here who were saying loudly that india will lose. the standard of indian support out here is dismally poor rading some of the posts out here.

it is no wonder that the better indian supporters have either been banned or they have left the forum.

india, will easily win this series 7-0 giving a even bigger kick on the faces of those so-called indian fans. even sri lankan fans out here have been better than the pathetic indian bunch we have out here

:@
The ones who were banned from this forum (I suspect you are one of them but have set up a new IP address) were the confrontational idiots - I suspect you will be joining their ranks in a few minutes. You've made a very impressive start.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:

If I'm not wrong, you once said you come to the forums only to have a good discussion. There's no personal attachment, as such. Then why are you letting this gloating bother you? If you know you can't get your point across, if you know they won't agree with you, why bother? Why keep on rambling about Sachin? Sachin this, Sachin that. It's a sign of obsession, and obsession's never good. You tried, it didn't work. So let them be, stop bothering about it.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
luckyeddie said:
The ones who were banned from this forum (I suspect you are one of them but have set up a new IP address) were the confrontational idiots - I suspect you will be joining their ranks in a few minutes. You've made a very impressive start.
I'm only sorry it's taken me three hours to sign in and hit the ban button.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Atapattu before yesterday:

The 17 referred is the 3rd match score.

Atapattu (17 off 49 balls) recorded his ninth successive failure in India. In his previous eight innings, he had sequence of 29, 8, 14, 22, 28, 6, 1 & 4. His 29, 22 & 28 were against Pakistan.

Atapattu, in nine innings against India in India, has made 8 not out, 0, 38, 8, 14, 6, 1, 4 & 17 – aggregating 96 at an average of 12.00 with a highest of 38 at Wankhede Stadium, Bombay on May 17, 1997.

Courtesy : howstat

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some more Dhoni:

Dhoni is the first wicketkeeper to post a century at Jaipur, bettering England’s Alec Stewart’s 91 vs. India on 18.1.1993.

Dhoni is the only wicketkeeper to have recorded two centuries in India. Dave Houghton (Zimbabwe) was the first to post a century in India – 142 against New Zealand at Hyderabad on 10.10.1987 followed by Rahul Dravid (India) – 109 not out against West Indies at Ahmedabad on 15.11.2002, Adam Gilchrist (Australia) – 111 against India at Bangalore on 12.11.2003 and Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) – 138 not out against India at Jaipur on 31.10.2005.