• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
pskov said:
Perhaps concerned about the forecasts for the weekend?
Maybe, although the ones I read were OK.
Still, you have to say they've got it right so far. Resisting the temptation tom play the 6th batsman was absolutely correct, and batting first despite the slightly helpful conditions looks the right move too. Better than facing Murali in the 4th innings, anyway.

Absolutely typical Fred. Never mind the chance for easy runs and a bit of a party after tea if it gets in the way of winning the game.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mubharak should never play cricket!!
i have never seem him score anything decent, he might have but i have never seen it...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My initial thought was that the declaration was to give 10 minutes at them before tea, but that's obviously out the window.

It was a bit of a statement from Flintoff though.

Last ball he deposits Murali for 6 and walks off meaning Murali can't redeem his figures with any wickets during a slog...

chris.chris

Cricket Spectator
Plunket

I think plunnket is highly over rated, he only got wickets in pakistan 'cos the pakistanis just tried to slog him all over. I can't remember him bowling a good ball!!!

PY

International Coach
First wicket for Mahmood!

Big wicket for England. Half the Sri Lanka batting lineup gone.