• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Declared too early, without a doubt.
Still without a doubt?

Looks like a great decision now from Fred, all the bowlers can come back fresh tomorrow, and then the showers will ensure they don't get tired.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well this sounds like a bit of a mess. Im not in store for a great days cricket tomorow. Just hope that Sri Lanka can put up a bit of a fight or ill be on my way home by about 2.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
Still without a doubt?

Looks like a great decision now from Fred, all the bowlers can come back fresh tomorrow, and then the showers will ensure they don't get tired.
Yes, it's still the wrong decision. Just like if the Aussies had won that 2nd Test last year the decision to have a bowl first would still have been wrong.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Yes, it's still the wrong decision. Just like if the Aussies had won that 2nd Test last year the decision to have a bowl first would still have been wrong.
8-)

next you'll be telling us Plunkett bowled well

Swervy

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:

it was an attacking declaration, it was Flintoff showing faith in a bowling attack that most of us knew would make Sri lanka struggle

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Swervy said:
it was an attacking declaration, it was Flintoff showing faith in a bowling attack that most of us knew would make Sri lanka struggle
Precisely. And even if it was a gamble (never was in my mind) that didn't pay off I'd still be happy with the decision, attacking cricket is what Fred and these boys are about and I'm in favour of it.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Precisely. And even if it was a gamble (never was in my mind) that didn't pay off I'd still be happy with the decision, attacking cricket is what Fred and these boys are about and I'm in favour of it.
Hear, hear. :)

Great day for us. My money's on an England win by either 400+ runs, or an innings and 200. I know that's a big call, but I've not been impressed by SL in any department.