• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
They appear to be trying to place Nasser in the Simon Hughes role. :unsure:
He seems very awkward doing that...he's much better off as a proper commentator IMO.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Dasa said:
He seems very awkward doing that...he's much better off as a proper commentator IMO.
Seconded. Especially given Beefy's general cluelessness.

Athers has been growing on me ever since midway through last summer, though - particularly enjoyed the laughs yesterday about him "slapping" the ball through the covers. :)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggie gone, and no bad thing. In theory, the stage is perfectly set for KP, Colly, Fred & Jones. Lets hope that doesn't put the mockers on them.

PY

International Coach
With the 4 batsman with their wickets still intact, their aggressive nature and the current bowling standard I reckon that 600 with an hour left of play could be a possibility.

I don't think it'll happen, due to all four of them having to blast and is an unlikely tactic. However, 500 doesn't look unlikely. Declaration tonight?

Bit worried about some of the weather forecasts for this weekend though if we bat through til close and further.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Collingwood and KP looking into their stride - should be 600 here just before stumps and then stick them in.

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Collingwood and KP looking into their stride - should be 600 here just before stumps and then stick them in.
5 an over from now on puts us on 600 with 20-odd overs left?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
5 an over from now on puts us on 600 with 20-odd overs left?
Yes, but I don't see us going at 5 an over against Murali. We'd have to go ballistic against the others to maintain that sort of overall runrate today. Which could happen, I suppose.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
And that's the 100 for KP :D Sounds a tad excited about it.....

129balls, 1 six, 14 fours, 214mins according to Bill.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wpdavid said:
Yes, but I don't see us going at 5 an over against Murali. We'd have to go ballistic against the others to maintain that sort of overall runrate today. Which could happen, I suppose.
This partnership is going at over 4.5 per over, so it's certainly feasible with a bit of extra aggression.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
This partnership is going at over 4.5 per over, so it's certainly feasible with a bit of extra aggression.
Yes, they may well prove me wrong at present rate, especially as Collingwood is still getting his eye in. If Pietsersen is still there at tea time then they'll manage it no problem, tbh.

Neil Pickup

I'm getting rapidly bored out of my mind. How the hell did the Aussie fans keep interest when they were massacring anyone and everyone? 456-4...

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Run-rate is increasing nicely now. If Pietersen decides to stay in there a huge score will come very quickly.

I like Pietersen in that he has no fear... a little bit like Viv.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I'm getting rapidly bored out of my mind. How the hell did the Aussie fans keep interest when they were massacring anyone and everyone? 456-4...
I don't think it has much to do with England winning so easily. It has a lot to do with Sri Lanka not being the most entertaining team. Outside of Murali there's not a lot of entertainment for me. There's some entertainment in their batting, but I can't see them making a lot of runs against such a great pace attack.

Their attack is on par with Australia's when Lee was going for over 100 at six an over, Gillespie was bowling no ball after no ball and Kasprowitz brought no variety.

Neil Pickup

They've just shown footage of his limping off on Sky... no further news yet.

Pietersen dropped at short fine leg by Jayawardene. SL playing on his patience, and mine too.