• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss flunks Running Between the Wickets 101. Cook dropped by Jayawardene off Murali soon afterwards.

If Sri Lanka had another bowler, we'd have a game here.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I said this before in the first Test, but why shouldn't Bandara be playing for Sri Lanka? He is obviously a bit more potent than Kulasekara/Maharoof and by the looks of it, Malinga. Are they afraid to only have two mediocre seamers, rather than three?

I say drop Kulasekara and play Bandara.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well that was an awesome day at Edgbaston! Having seen it chuck it down all week in Birmingham, you wouldn't have believed it would be so sunny today. Malinga's action is odd to say the least :S Trescothick's catching was great, Plunkett & Mahmood looked promising....all in all an awesome day with great people :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
a massive zebra said:
The odds on England winning just went down a little, as they continue to insist on picking the fastest rather than the best bowlers.
Didn't do too much harm did it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wpdavid said:
No, leave that until we're next in SA. The pre-match bs between him & Fatboy would be priceless.
Will he still be around by then - his record isn't that good.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Henry Blofeld on form today.

Murali called for overstepping.

"A bowler of his pace, I expect he's barely ever been no-balled in his career"

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
Maybe not so far this match, but it almost certainly cost us a win in the last game.
Catches win matches - and we spurned about half a dozen in the second innings alone at Lord's. The bowlers did their job well enough I reckon.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
Mahela wins the toss(for a change) and elects to bat.
Given that it had been raining in the Midlands for over a week and all and sundry predicting there was some juice in the wicket for the first few sessions , that certainly was a stupidest decision of all.

Mahela really puzzles me with his inability to even make a winning toss count !!

Either that or 2 successive scores of 500 plus on flat tracks made him too ****y and he made a rash decision to bat first buoyed on by an even dumber coach .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Jones is doing alright for himself in this series so far isn't he?

9 catches out of 24 wickets!
If England play SL more often in early Summer he will soon be rated the best wicket keeper in Test History !!:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
It could still rain for 3 days straight and wash out the Test :laugh:

or Mahroof could suddenly claim 17 wickets in half a session and rout England .:laugh:

*I will continue to dream *:)