• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
alternative said:
til dil is gone..
Good job - he'd had so many escapes you fancied him for a quick hundred. Lets see if we can get rid of Vaas now, especially as he seems to be lining up as the latest in a long line of bowlers that can bat a bit who England just can't shift.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bloody hell what a fantastic day for us so far. Can't wait to watch the highlights tonight.

I'm not going to say that this will be over on Saturday though, so let's hope we've learned some lessons from Lord's!! The fact that they batted first will benefit us, i think.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL at Panesar's fielding, actually. Wow, I always though its not a big deal if you are a bad batter/fielder if you can bowl really well. But now, I don't think so. He takes bad fielding to a whole new level. That catch was just........wow.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
LOL at Panesar's fielding, actually. Wow, I always though its not a big deal if you are a bad batter/fielder if you can bowl really well. But now, I don't think so. He takes bad fielding to a whole new level. That catch was just........wow.
You do wonder what on earth is going on at some of the counties when we end up with players whose fielding is so poor. Ditto Mahmood's palpable lack of fitness at Lord's.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
He works bloody hard at it though that's the odd thing, always the last to leave fielding practice. Must be a rabbit-in-the-headlights thing, or just lack of concentration.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Panesar works harder at his batting / fielding than almost anyone in the England team atm, he just doesnt have the hand / eye coordination. You cant really do much about that but keep working at it and hope it improves with time.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Panesar works harder at his batting / fielding than almost anyone in the England team atm, he just doesnt have the hand / eye coordination. You cant really do much about that but keep working at it and hope it improves with time.
But it does raise the question as to whether his bowling is so much better than Keedy, Swann & Brown that he deserves to be near the side given his inability to stop a ball, never mind catch it.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
wpdavid said:
But it does raise the question as to whether his bowling is so much better than Keedy, Swann & Brown that he deserves to be near the side given his inability to stop a ball, never mind catch it.
Valid point, Keedy was always never picked cos it was always mentioned how he was a great spin bowler but couldnt bat/field. Yet Panesar is in the same situation (and probably not even as good a spinner yet) yet gets in.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saj needed nine balls (though admittedly he had the drop from his first delivery), and Fred didn't strike until his third spell.