• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
The ridiculous policy of playing the fastest bowlers has reduced their chances - it cost them a win in the last match and who's to say that Sri Lanka wouldn't be in even worse position had the team selection been more logical - during the England 'A' vs Sri Lanka match they didn't play Lewis any better.
With Plunkett having picked up a brace right from the outset, I'd have thought that was a statement that might have had someone leaping down your throat.

Instead, you've got nice, mild-mannered Eddie saying WTF???!!!!?????

Hoggard's picked up a couple, Plunkett likewise and Mahmood hasn't even had a bowl yet. I can only surmise that you are calling for Flintoff to be axed Richard.

Oh no, it's not Richard, is it?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
3 for Plunkett now, and should be 4 if he hadn't overstepped. This is looking like a very significant performance in terms of keeping his place once Harmison's back.

a massive zebra

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
With Plunkett having picked up a brace right from the outset, I'd have thought that was a statement that might have had someone leaping down your throat.

Instead, you've got nice, mild-mannered Eddie saying WTF???!!!!?????

Hoggard's picked up a couple, Plunkett likewise and Mahmood hasn't even had a bowl yet. I can only surmise that you are calling for Flintoff to be axed Richard.

Oh no, it's not Richard, is it?
Make your mind up, Eddie, you agreed with me last time I voiced my opinions on this issue.

And yes I think England might benefit from axing Flintoff

as captain.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
expect single score failures for Mr. Vandort.
If I had followed Vincent Hanna’s mantra precisely of “I say what I mean, and I do what I say”. I would have made a tidy sum off Michael Vandort.

Hard to think of a worse collective batting performance than this, sure Hoggard, Plunkett have bowled well, Jayawardene got a peach but Samaraweera, Vandort and Tharanga, words can not describe what they were up to.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm stuck in work I believe the SLs are 64-5, who did Strauss drop? :@

Sounds like Plunkett is bowling like a dream. He deserves those wickets after his bad luck last time out.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I'm stuck in work I believe the SLs are 64-5, who did Strauss drop? :@

Sounds like Plunkett is bowling like a dream. He deserves those wickets after his bad luck last time out.
Maharoof.

PY

International Coach
Jones is doing alright for himself in this series so far isn't he?

9 catches out of 24 wickets!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
Make your mind up, Eddie, you agreed with me last time I voiced my opinions on this issue.

And yes I think England might benefit from axing Flintoff

as captain

Ah, but I said 'like for like'.

Plunkett was desperately unlucky last time out, so IMO he deserved to keep his place - and that meant no Lewis this time unless we went in with 5 seamers (not a good idea ever).

The Fred 'as captain' bit I totally agree with. Give it to Strauss so he's got something else to think about other than catching (sic) the ball.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
The Fred 'as captain' bit I totally agree with. Give it to Strauss so he's got something else to think about other than catching (sic) the ball.
Has Tresco been written off as a possible captain? Listening to TMS just now, they seemed to view it as a choice between Fred & Strauss as well. I'm not sure that I agree. Tres looked OK when in charge and, as we don't have the first idea about why he left India, I don't see why he's been completely ruled out.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
wpdavid said:
Has Tresco been written off as a possible captain? Listening to TMS just now, they seemed to view it as a choice between Fred & Strauss as well. I'm not sure that I agree. Tres looked OK when in charge and, as we don't have the first idea about why he left India, I don't see why he's been completely ruled out.
Give it to KP. It'd be hilarious. :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
wpdavid said:
No, leave that until we're next in SA. The pre-match bs between him & Fatboy would be priceless.
:laugh: Yeah, great idea. Smith would explode himself trying to get one over on him before the series even started. :happy:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
alternative said:
til dil is gone..
Dilshan since lunch has just being trying to cart everything away, can not really blame him, nice catch by Tres but what do you expect, he does not drop those.

All out for under 100?