• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

Lostman

State Captain
oo that was plumb form murali. for the last 4 months SL have the worst possible luck, absolutely nothing has been going their way, jayawadena has now lost about 10 tosses in a row on top of that.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to Cricinfo, the batsmen are having a hard time picking the doosra, which makes me reckon that Murali'll take a few this game.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
well andy it didn't take murali long to get in.. picking up a wicket in his 4th over..

Why dont' aussies have this on foxtel, it says so on TV guide

Scaly piscine

England rolling back to last year against the Aussies when the openers would get off to a good start then quickly lose a wicket as soon as the spinner is brought on.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
alternative said:
well andy it didn't take murali long to get in.. picking up a wicket in his 4th over..
Just like last summer. Tres & Strauss see off the substandard quicks before the oppositions atg spinner starts to work his way through the top order. You'd have to be amazed if Murali didn't pick up 12 in the match.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Some marketing man with a degree in BS from BogBrush polytechnic is on TMS at the moment, making me tear my hair out..

Coming up with crap like "differentiation", "target market", "brand power" I bet he's never held a bat in his life..

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Scaly piscine said:
England rolling back to last year against the Aussies when the openers would get off to a good start then quickly lose a wicket as soon as the spinner is brought on.
Well when the spinner is the best bowler in the team that's not susprising.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Not surprised with Murali's dismissal of Strauss - you could see from the first ball Murali bowled that Strauss was unsure against him. Will be a good test for Cookie, and will be very intriguing to see how KP treats him. My money is on the same way he treats every other spinner in the world, lots of slog-sweeps and flicks to leg. A good battle ahead.

Scaly piscine

Autobahn said:
Well when the spinner is the best bowler in the team that's not susprising.
Yea but this frequently happens when there shouldn't be that much in the pitch for the spinner - compared to the seam bowlers.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
alternative said:

Why dont' aussies have this on foxtel, it says so on TV guide
Highlights only on Foxtel tomorrow I think.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
Yea but this frequently happens when there shouldn't be that much in the pitch for the spinner - compared to the seam bowlers.
"Shouldn't be"? If you can turn the ball as much as Warne and Murali do and hit the length so regularly, then there's always something in it... and that compares to precisely nothing in it for the medium pacers once the shine's gone.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Why Tres wasn't given is a total mystery....Anyway, is anyone else slightly scared by the sight of Vaas in the field? Hat perched on top of his head, hair sticking out, white face....he looks like a sinister clown :eek:

Lostman

State Captain
3 lbws:sleep:
SL had almost no chance as it was but not getting plumb lbw is making his really frustrating.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can understand why the second wasn't given - I thought it pitched outside in realtime, and hawkeye had it clipping the leg bail, you never get them, but the other two were plumb as you like.