• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Jungle Jumbo said:
Cricket Web's Players To Watch

England - Marcus Trescothick
After a winter cut short by his early return from India, opening batsman Trescothick will be keen to rattle the advertising hoardings again this summer and run himself into some form ahead of the winter's Ashes series in Australia. His battle with Chaminda Vaas and the remaining Sri Lankan seamers will set the tone for the series, and should be smother Muralitharan, England will be on course for victory.
That was an excellent pick there... as Threscothick has been gifted a century...

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I'll have to tune into the game. To be honest I'm not too psyched about the series because I personally think England are a far greater team right now. But how England plays Murali will be of great interest.

Andrew Strauss cannot play spin. Pretty good player against everything else... but spin? Both Strauss and Tresco were actually trying to leave Warne's deliveries last year when they were spinning toward the wicket. Not playing a shot when the ball is spinnning toward the wicket is nuts... they were lucky not have been given out many times. Sounds like history is repeating itself.

So it'll be interesting to see how they'll play Murali. To be honest I can't see many players play him well. The one contest I'm interested in is KP vs. Murali. Will KP try and slog Murali for six like he did Warne. Murali's so hard to pick that if he can cause uncertainty in KP, we'll have a nice little battle.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
gone now, 10-fer for Murali?
Over 60 overs bowled today and no-one else has gotten a wicket, so yeah I'm expecting a mrathon spell where Murali will get a fiver. 10-fer in the match should happen. But it wont hurt England, Sri Lanka don't really have any other bowlers who can trouble England I don't think... not even Vass.

Gotta be thankful for Murali because without him the series would be pretty boring.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Shush it!

I want to see Murali vs. Pietersen and I don't want Vass ruining it. It's like last year when Warne was cramping Brian Lara and Lara couldn't even get one run off him for a short while, but then it looked at if Lara was gonna grit it out and we had a great battle going on. Then Nathan Bracken comes in and ruins it.

Well Vass isn't going to ruin a good contest for me.

Oddly enough I'm more interested in seeing a good contest...

Lostman

State Captain
superkingdave said:
well whoever takes them will have to be bowled caught or runout because the umpires aren't giving any lbw's today!
meh they better not start when SL start batting.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I've criticised Dar in the past but I thought he'd been better this year or so... guess not. Not sure if I'd still rate him the second worst umpire in cricket though.

It's weird that this time last year Dar wasn't giving lbw's out for Warne when England couldn't play him. I think of all the bowlers there are, spinners get the worst time with lbw's. And it's not just Muralia and Warne, I've noted Kaneria's had it rough as well. He would have had a hat-trick had the proper lbw been given.