• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa have been tied down too easily today. Better outfits are scoring at close to 4 or above on this surface irrespective of the outfield. Both these two were initially positive but have literally done nothing for half an hour now. It is a 400+ wicket and the forecast is not good for tomorrow and the weekend. They need to move the game forward.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wake up and turn it on and see the WI bowling look absolutely toothless, then Warrican suddenly takes two in two both caught and bowled.

ThatSportsGent

Cricket Spectator
Apart from the T20 WC and a couple of games in January, he hasn't played any international cricket. He's only been involved in T20 comps and domestic stuff so resting him from internationals to manage his workload just sounds weird to me.
Could not agree more. Shukri Conrad is up to something

ThatSportsGent

Cricket Spectator
I'm very much in the to be convinced Stubbs is a number 3 in test cricket. He was looking okay but that's a nothing defensive shot with an angled bat.
Stubbs is a generational talent. But batting him at 3 in this line up is going to kill him. Bavuma is a much better option in current line up

ThatSportsGent

Cricket Spectator
He scored his SA A hundred in Sri Lanka at 3 too.

Personally would go Bavuma 3, Bedingham 4 & let Stubbs ease in but maybe this has been lined up for a while & Conrad is just genuinely backing him there for long-term planning & considering we play such little test cricket. He was talking more about Stubbs' psyche being prepared for the challenge.
Exactly my preferred line up