• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

Dendarii

International Debutant
I haven't seen much of Ferreira as a bowler but if seems that he does better in FC stuff. Perhaps his style isn't as suited to T20 as Markram is. I don't think Markram is that bad when we need to steal an over or two. He does seem to be better with the new ball though.
It's not like his T20 bowling stats are shabby though, so there's definitely a case to be made for giving him a go.

SeamUp

International Coach
Maybe I'm old fashioned now and despite Don Ferreira getting T20 gigs and him impressing in that one T20I ,I still look at positioning and technique and reliability/adaptability of it & I just can't see him scoring runs consistently. Obviously coming in 5,6,7 is different but he still looks a club-hack.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Maybe I'm old fashioned now and despite Don Ferreira getting T20 gigs and him impressing in that one T20I ,I still look at positioning and technique and reliability/adaptability of it & I just can't see him scoring runs consistently. Obviously coming in 5,6,7 is different but he still looks a club-hack.
Still seems like the kind of cricketer who will keep getting picked in T20 teams though because he can bat,bowl and keep.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Congrats West Indies on the T20 series win,
For Proteas fans I think it's all but confirmed now that this is our weakest format from a depth point of view ..
Yeah agreed. There are probably 3 spots definitely up for grabs in that batting order (both openers and a number 7).I'm not as big of a Mulder fan as others but I don't know how you watch the SA20 and play Kruger before him. He isn't an established player to be rested in this format either.

One thing we have learnt on this tour is that Stubbs has the potential to be a big player in all 3 formats for us. Just think he should be at 5 across them all.