• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The rain has ceased, and an early lunch has been had. I'm hopeful that the ground staff can clear the small puddles of water in time for the post-lunch session to resume.

SillyCowCorner1

With that wicket, Holder brings his average below 30 and his total wickets to 161, equaling the record of the great Ian Bishop, who reached this milestone in 33 fewer innings.

SillyCowCorner1

The rain's stopped again. I don't think we'll see any more for the rest of the day. All about the ground staff now.

WICFan

State 12th Man
Heritage right there.

Without wishing yo go down the test cricket is being killed by the ICC rabbit hole again, this is not the best time to host cricket in the Caribbean, especially in T & T and Guyana. Our home season has been totally shafted by IPL and the WTC.
Isn't there a home test series vs Bangladesh planned for November? Almost unheard of, if true.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Isn't there a home test series vs Bangladesh planned for November? Almost unheard of, if true.
Yep international cricket is not a serious sport that values fair competition. I guess we'll just draw every series at home in the future until everyone completely gives up on red ball cricket.

SillyCowCorner1

Heritage right there.

Without wishing yo go down the test cricket is being killed by the ICC rabbit hole again, this is not the best time to host cricket in the Caribbean, especially in T & T and Guyana. Our home season has been totally shafted by IPL and the WTC.
At least we have test matches to play. Some test nations have it worse.

August in Guyana is dry season (when all the alligators and caimans look to mate), so I’m holding my breath here.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
At least we have test matches to play. Some test nations have it worse.

August in Guyana is dry season (when all the alligators and caimans look to mate), so I’m holding my breath here.
Literally the very start of it in Guyana though right? Even a slight divergence or variation and we could be watching more rain.....

SillyCowCorner1

Literally the very start of it in Guyana though right? Even a slight divergence or variation and we could be watching more rain.....
The seasons go like this:

Wet: December/January & May/June

Dry: everything else

Sometimes the occasional isolated thunderstorm passes through in the dry season*

*this is my experience living in Berbice, 3 hours away from Providence, East Bank Demerara.

Last edited:

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Have found out that Keacy Carty is from Sint Maarten, which is still Governed by the Netherlands. Ironically he made his ODI debut against Netherlands a few years back. I wonder if he was able to sledge/be sledged in Dutch although I'm led to believe they mainly speak English in Sint Maarten.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Have found out that Keacy Carty is from Sint Maarten, which is still Governed by the Netherlands. Ironically he made his ODI debut against Netherlands a few years back. I wonder if he was able to sledge/be sledged in Dutch although I'm led to believe they mainly speak English in Sint Maarten.
I assume he must be the first from SM to play a test, but Keacy is 27 and has an FC average of 26, is selected at no3 which
seems rather hopeful. Was his selection a surprise?

Safys must have had other injuries apart from coetzee as they dont have some of their best bowlers, but bowling
wise still quite a strong attack. No jansen or Nortje? But with Roach back windies should be less profligate with the
new ball than they were in england.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
I assume he must be the first from SM to play a test, but Keacy is 27 and has an FC average of 26, is selected at no3 which
seems rather hopeful. Was his selection a surprise?

Safys must have had other injuries apart from coetzee as they dont have some of their best bowlers, but bowling
wise still quite a strong attack. No jansen or Nortje? But with Roach back windies should be less profligate with the
new ball than they were in england.
Isn't Nortje struggling with fitness these days. SA certainly have good pace depth. Re Windies, yes they don't have a great deal of batting depth. I can only go by what the Windies fans post on here in that they are desperate that they have someone other than McKenzie have a go.

Himannv

International Coach
Jansen has been rested in order to manage his workload.
Apart from the T20 WC and a couple of games in January, he hasn't played any international cricket. He's only been involved in T20 comps and domestic stuff so resting him from internationals to manage his workload just sounds weird to me.