• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Heh this Test is like something that would happen on Battrick. Pretty funny if you're not an India supporter.
Kind of funny if you are. Sometimes you just have to laugh. I hate to be on the losing side, but I love good performances even more. I enjoyed the bowling of SA.

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
Heh this Test is like something that would happen on Battrick. Pretty funny if you're not an India supporter.
I'm an India supporter and I found it funny :D

BTW, news channels reporting that Sehwag, Yuvraj, Sreesanth, Dhoni, Ganguly all reached Ahmedabad just the day before the test. Reason? Being forced to attend IPL promotions and ad shoots. Well done, Mr Modi. Hope the MCC spirit of cricket manual is keeping you good company tonight.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm an India supporter and I found it funny :D

BTW, news channels reporting that Sehwag, Yuvraj, Sreesanth, Dhoni, Ganguly all reached Ahmedabad just the day before the test. Reason? Being forced to attend IPL promotions and ad shoots. Well done, Mr Modi. Hope the MCC spirit of cricket manual is keeping you good company tonight.
This is not remotely an excuse for how they performed, but still: :censored:.

ret

International Debutant
Ind have one more inning in the game to redeem themselves, but the Q is will they?

In any case, let's make this the farewell test for Jaffar and Ganguly and 2008 the farewell year for Dravid and Laxman

India's upcoming batsmen can score big on flat surfaces and will definitely do a better job than this crapy order .... Even if the new guys do as badly as these duds at least they are adjusting to the learning curve and the chances of improvement are there unlike with these guys

And Kumble, what was he thinking when he decided to bat first? He saw the green top, picked 3 seamers and still

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ind have one more inning in the game to redeem themselves, but the Q is will they?

In any case, let's make this the farewell test for Jaffar and Ganguly and 2008 the farewell year for Dravid and Laxman

India's upcoming batsmen can score big on flat surfaces and will definitely do a better job than this crapy order .... Even if the new guys do as badly as these duds at least they are adjusting to the learning curve and the chances of improvement are there unlike with these guys

And Kumble, what was he thinking when he decided to bat first? He saw the green top, picked 3 seamers and still
He saw a tinge of green, it was a hardly a greentop but if you one and only tactic of winning test matches at home is waiting for the 4th innings and the opposition to commit Harakiri, than what else can you do?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
If South Africa can add around another 150 tomorrow one would hope so.
even if they don't add that many runs to the tally, they've already got enough of a lead that it is virtually impossible for india to come back...

ret

International Debutant
He saw a tinge of green, it was a hardly a greentop but if you one and only tactic of winning test matches at home is waiting for the 4th innings and the opposition to commit Harakiri, than what else can you do?
Dude, Ind have won following on the opposition many times .... going by your argument, Ind would only have won the games in which it batted first

And I doubt if Kumble would have batted first, if the green top were at Mohali

the irony of your post is that SA is in a strong position only coz of the pitch and the fact that Indian batsmen commited harakiri lol

JBH001

International Regular
76 all out! LOL!

Ironic cricketing justice after the last test and talk about Sehwag, I suppose.

A little disappointed in Pathan in terms of the ball though, I hope he does better tomorrow.

ret

International Debutant
76 all out! LOL!

Ironic cricketing justice after the last test and talk about Sehwag, I suppose.
if you had followed the Chennai test then you would know that only Sehwag did well realistically .... others failed there too, yeah Jaffar and Dravid got good scores but they hugely benefitted by playing with Sehwag, who makes things easy for the other batsmen

I wonder why are you so happy with Ind's bad performance .... SA scored 540 too in that case but i don't see you hoping for any irony in that case

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks. AFAIK, Anderson, unfortunately, really only has that extra yard of pace when he's got some rhythm behind him. He seemed no faster than RP Singh during the Ashes 2006/07, for instance.
actually remember Anderson bowling 90mph+ in the Ashes (and still getting slapped)

JBH001

International Regular
Thanks for the link, Top Cat.

Interesting stuff. Some poor dismissals there, although it is difficult to tell, as often poor shots are played after a period of sustained good bowling which eventually brings about the mistake. Nevertheless, Ganguly's shot was just plain awful (seemed to be psyched out by the conditions) while Sehwag did what he does best, stand in one spot, heave at the ball and, if the ball is doing something, generally get himself out. Dravid however received a peach. Lovely ball.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wickets of India's inning yesterday;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SWJuvFAl6c
Cheers for that.

Of course, just seeing the wickets doens't give one a true perspective.

Based only on that clip, there were some very poor shots, but of course they do not show whether there were some great spells bowled, pressure was built, there were a heap of unplayables going on which induced those shots, etc. etc.

Of the top order, I would say only Laxman and Dravid could say they copped really good balls, while there were a number of very poor shots from the others.

Again though, didn't see the whole thing.