• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in India Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fog delayed play for over 2 hours, but its finally gone. Interesting South Africa didn't declare, I thought they would with the moisture around and time lost.

Choora

State Regular
What a test match this one is turning out to be, with SA scoring 500+ runs. Indian batters will probably pile up runs ( on such flat pitch) and the match will end up in a tame draw. That why i hate high scoring test matches.

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Peterson is betting allright at least, some cracking shots in this over against Harbajan. Good partnership, surely the Indians must be highly frustrated.....and now he's out, and Smith declares. Pollock got stranded in the 40's.

500 is a big score, surely they can't lose now, India might have beaten Aus, but that score used a lot less time. Come on guys, just 20 jaffers, and the test is won!

I need to send an SMS to my uncles & cousins, they're all against me. The wife as well. :)

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Indeedio, Jaffer is a bloody awesome ball. As in "Oh, he's bowled him, what a jaffer that was, big swing, and it jagged off the wicket, he had no chance." not "My, my Richie, those new Kookabura XT85's certainly are jaffers aren't they?"

"Oh, and that's his 50, what a glorious innings it's been. All around are on their feet, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one." :)

*DocHead raises bat*

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully for the Indians, this won't end up being another Mohali 2003. Both must play for a 200 partnership, rather than individual centuries- it does not matter how many they make, but how they make them.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ummmm.....Fourth Umpire will start. Is any post-day talk show going on elsewhere? Headlines Today or Zee News or Star News?

Deja moo

International Captain
185/0 in 42 overs at stumps.

Sehwag and Gambhir both on 85 * .

This is how you bat on a flat wicket .

masterblaster

International Captain
I was really impressed with Gautam Gambhir, as I always have been. I've probably been one of his biggest supporters on this forum.

I'm extremely happy the Indian camp stuck with him, and hopefully the world is getting to see the talent in this exceptional young player.

Well done India

:D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I was really impressed with Gautam Gambhir, as I always have been. I've probably been one of his biggest supporters on this forum.

I'm extremely happy the Indian camp stuck with him, and hopefully the world is getting to see the talent in this exceptional young player.
This opening pair needs a long run, and a lot longer than the Sehwag/Chopra pair. They made a mistake by splitting that pair. They better not make the same mistake again.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully he'll also get a 150 or more, just to serve as a remider for one fan who expected him to be dropped on 5..4...3..2..1..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh you absolute beauty! Now that's what I call entertainment.

Sehwag reverse sweeping = ratings! How much that missed stumping has cost South Africa, dear oh dear. Well I'm glad to be on the other end of a keeper mistake for once :p

Gambhir and Sehwag were fantastic. Both were a little streaky at the start, but when they got their rhythm there was no stopping them. I'm so happy for Gambhir, and I really hope he has a great career with Sehwag as India's opening partnership.

Oh I am in one happy mood. :D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Oh you absolute beauty! Now that's what I call entertainment.

Sehwag reverse sweeping = ratings! How much that missed stumping has cost South Africa, dear oh dear. Well I'm glad to be on the other end of a keeper mistake for once :p

Gambhir and Sehwag were fantastic. Both were a little streaky at the start, but when they got their rhythm there was no stopping them. I'm so happy for Gambhir, and I really hope he has a great career with Sehwag as India's opening partnership.

Oh I am in one happy mood. :D
It's always good to see a new player in the team put his hand up to do the job, the way Gambhir has. He should also be considered an option in all those extra ODI's (the Indians play a few too many Sharjah-esque matches) to keep him in action.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree. It's time to start using Gambhir (To put pressure on the other batsman) and Karthik (as a future keeper) in ODIs. We play enough meaningless games, why not try them out. Also, if we insist on using 3 seamers in the ODIs (I think we should use both our top spinners but whatever) than we should start using our young ones as well. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Nehra is garbage, and Agarkar has had enough chances (though he is funny :D) so we should start planning.

I liked how India played Patel in the ODIs against Zimbabwe in Australia, they should do the same with Gambhir and Karthik sometimes.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
I agree. It's time to start using Gambhir (To put pressure on the other batsman) and Karthik (as a future keeper) in ODIs. We play enough meaningless games, why not try them out. Also, if we insist on using 3 seamers in the ODIs (I think we should use both our top spinners but whatever) than we should start using our young ones as well. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Nehra is garbage, and Agarkar has had enough chances (though he is funny :D) so we should start planning.

I liked how India played Patel in the ODIs against Zimbabwe in Australia, they should do the same with Gambhir and Karthik sometimes.
Not to mention some of the bowlers should be encouraged to score runs- they're not scoring enough runs. If you have a bowler who scores runs, and a batsman (preferably Sehwag) who takes wickets, you have a balanced side, and there's still place for your best keeper. Disappointing that JP Yadav got dropped without a fair try.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to CEEFAX Tsolekile missed a catch immediately after he missed a stumping, was the missed catch a bad one? If so it looks like SA could have unearthed a Parthiv Patel minus some batting skill...