• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in India Thread

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
They're not making the batsmen play enough, nor is the fielding supporting them. The South Africans have been playing very defensively, and are getting runs in singles, but the Indian fielders have helped them. Come back Yuvraj! All is forgiven!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Drawn match, anyone? Both teams score equally slowly, and both have one-man bowling attacks.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
Drawn match, anyone? Both teams score equally slowly, and both have one-man bowling attacks.
I think it was always hard to see South Africa taking the 20 wickets necessary to win either match unless India completely self-destruct or someone other than Pollock suddenly learns to bowl for South Africa. I guess we will see though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dydl said:
It would be a nice landmark especially as Bangladesh are particularly weak. He should on a spinners wicket pick up bagfulls of wickets.
Unless he's rested that is.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
I read Karthik was bowling over the wicket outside leg stump, can anyone tell me why?

JustTool

State 12th Man
From the Times of India:

This fact assumes even greater significance as Sachin Tendulkar in his couple of overs was turning the ball square.

Sourav Ganguly did no one any favours by taking off the Master Blaster just as he was getting his line and length. In fact, he was troubling the batsmen more than the established spinners.

This was just one of the unimaginative decisions taken by the Indian skipper.

Ganguly looking awful as captain - he just cannot inspire confidence in Murali (and Chopra...). If India can't bowl out this SA team for under 300 then there are huge problems. Personally, I think it's time to fire Ganguly - the problem is that no one else currently has any leadership qualities. Dravid is a wimp. Tendulkar is a has-been even as a batsman and proved in the past that he is a zero leader. I would give Kumble a shot but he's at the tail end of his career. SOS: India needs a captain :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Things look a little dire for India it seems - on the positive side, South Africa are scoring fairly slowly. Maybe this'll end in a draw (I'm hoping that India will win this series) - again, I don't like these two-test series between established test nations.

Well done, Anil Kumble - another tireless five-for.

Cloete

International Captain
Great innings from Hall though.... he did brilliantly. A gritty and determined knock, never seen him play an innings anything like that before!

:clap: :clap:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:-/ @ what's going on now.

Congrats to Hall on his ton though, but this is really uninteresting cricket.

Edit: LOL @ Your sig Slow Love. Glad you found that funny :p

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
Jono said:
LOL @ Your sig Slow Love. Glad you found that funny :p
I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not, but it was hilarious either way! No offence intended, mate, it was a classic quote (and too good to just sit in one thread and be ignored). :)

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
What's the South African gameplan ? Bat until there's absolutely no possibility of India winning....... ???

This is the 2nd second day and South Africa have scored roughly the same number of runs as on the first.....top stuff boys !!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This pitch at Green Park reminds of the pitch at Motera when India played New Zealand last year. It has turn, it has bounce, it even has variable bounce, but it all happens so slowly that if a batsmen is only looking to defend, he can do that rather easily, without any trouble.