• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in India Thread

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Damn, Harbhajan should have had a wicket then. Tough decision by Taufel but it was wrong. :(
There is ABSOLUTELY no way you could have said it was a snick without a slow motion replay.

So no fault WHATSOEVER of the umpire.

As far as batsman walking ? Forget it. If he wants he will if he doesnt want. Whats the big deal ?

Steulen

International Regular
Sehwag309 said:
SA Wicket Day 1

P>S Its fun to talk abt Walking as its so "hot" in the news, BTW, Indians are no saints either, they wouldnt have walked anyways too
Thanks for the clips, Sehwag. Was Hall unlucky or did he get a very slight nick?

The Hamla wicket was a beauty!

JustTool

State 12th Man
SJS said:
There is ABSOLUTELY no way you could have said it was a snick without a slow motion replay.

So no fault WHATSOEVER of the umpire.

As far as batsman walking ? Forget it. If he wants he will if he doesnt want. Whats the big deal ?
Taufel has done a great job. I really think Bucknor should learn how to be an umpire from these younger and newer umpires.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JustTool said:
Taufel has done a great job. I really think Bucknor should learn how to be an umpire from these younger and newer umpires.
I wonder if you'd have said the same if it were Bucknor to have not given it out?

You really need to grow up - this whole Bucknor thing is pathetic and has no basis in reality.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uh, no. In every case. There are two options. There's always a 50% chance of getting either with a fair coin. That doesn't mean that over a given period of time it will read 50%, though over a long period of time it should come close.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
i know. was just about to delet the post. though factors such as wind speed/ direction might affect the any individual outcome. Even then in the long run, the probability should reach 50%

Last edited:

shaka

International Regular
It is a shame that NZ does not pick up any of the SA v India series, only very brief highlights (if that). Good on Kallis (103*) and Rudolph (61) being among the runs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
He's within his rights not to. Umpire have expressed that it's generally easier dealing with players who don't have a reputation of walks. At the end of it all, it's the umpire's job to make the decision and a batsman could loft the ball into the hands of the midoff fielder, yet once the umpire says not out, he's not out by the rules of the game.
Well they just showed snicko of yesterdays' incident (one must ask why the TV coverage didn't show snicko yesterday), and it shows he didn't edge it. It was off the pads. So maybe that's why he didn't walk? ;)

I offer my apologies to Taufel, he got that one correct when 99% of people (with the help of technology) would have given that out. Hats off to you Mr Taufel.

But it makes no difference now, because de Bruyn is out, caught behind off Zaheer's bowling. :D

viktor

State Vice-Captain
well well well... how many times does this happen with an Indian side, esp in India. All 7 wickets so far to the seamers... kumble still waiting for his 431st

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah that's why I'm watching NZ vs Aus. Kumble has had 2 catches put down by Karthik :( He was having such a good game behind the stumps too. Unfortunate.

Lunch time over there now.

JustTool

State 12th Man
marc71178 said:
I wonder if you'd have said the same if it were Bucknor to have not given it out?

You really need to grow up - this whole Bucknor thing is pathetic and has no basis in reality.
If I grow up then how will I communicate with you ? Besides, Bucknor is absolutely incompetent - first you accuse me of being biased towards India, then when I say Taufel is umpiring well even though he missed a clear out in India's favor you accuse me of being biased against Bucknor ? :wacko:

Not that I give a hoot but it would be nice if your small mind would be consistent - at least with itself. :wacko: