• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in India Thread

Sudeep

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Weird... Cricinfo records Smith as having faced two balls... Maybe it's a mistake.

Pathan's not too shabby at getting those first over wickets, is he?
I meant... the first ball I watched. :D:D:D

Second wicket falls as I type, Hall gone. 21/2.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
If any other reasons to drop Ganguly are not enough,here's another one...toss.Does Ganguly ever win a toss?
Naa just kidding...hope Saurav contributes better this time in his hometown...

masterblaster

International Captain
Rudolph and Kallis doing the hard yards. I must say, there doing well, this is where India often becomes lazy and loses the initiative.

Lets see how this goes.

biased indian

International Coach
nikhil1772 said:
If any other reasons to drop Ganguly are not enough,here's another one...toss.Does Ganguly ever win a toss?
Naa just kidding...hope Saurav contributes better this time in his hometown...
he wins only 37% of the toss thats pretty poor

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zaheer and Pathan are doing excellently on a batting pitch. It's great to see the seamers doing the job instead of Bhajji and Kumble all the time. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Damn, Harbhajan should have had a wicket then. Tough decision by Taufel but it was wrong. :(

shaka

International Regular
slight edge may have been hard to hear, but i didnt see it. I guess SA are not following a walking policy or simply dont have one.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sehwag309 said:
He didn't walk 8-)
He's within his rights not to. Umpire have expressed that it's generally easier dealing with players who don't have a reputation of walks. At the end of it all, it's the umpire's job to make the decision and a batsman could loft the ball into the hands of the midoff fielder, yet once the umpire says not out, he's not out by the rules of the game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kallis played beautifully today. He wasn't at his best, but he did the job and played a couple of handy shots especially approaching his hundred. Top class batsman.

Sehwag309

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
He's within his rights not to. Umpire have expressed that it's generally easier dealing with players who don't have a reputation of walks. At the end of it all, it's the umpire's job to make the decision and a batsman could loft the ball into the hands of the midoff fielder, yet once the umpire says not out, he's not out by the rules of the game.
I know, its just this concept of walking has become a big deal since last few games

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
While agreeing on some of these points...I wonder whatever happened to things like honesty...

Langeveldt

Soutie
nikhil1772 said:
While agreeing on some of these points...I wonder whatever happened to things like honesty...
Honesty disappears when big money appears.. Learn to live with it, unlike guys like Gilchrist :@

Mr Mxyzptlk

nikhil1772 said:
If you're an honest guy who feels the need to walk when you knows you're out, good on yah. If you don't, so be it. Whether or not a batsman walks does not affect whether or not he's out by the rules of the game. The umpires decision is what counts. The umpire has been empowered to make that decision and that is what should be looked at. To criticize a player for not walking, which I admit I have done before, simply has no basis as they're entitled not to.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Id like to see myself as a really honest guy.. I certainly wouldnt cheat on the cricket pitch.. But If I am given not out by the umpire, I accept his decision just like I would if he gave me out.. Im not there to make the call, he is..