• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This is not great bowling from the South African attack. None of the bowlers are working up any consistent pace or accuracy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kallis must be a likelier bet today
Obviously you'd hope so. He and Steyn should be SA's best bowlers under these circumstances. Would actually hope Kallis would get a go with the newer ball before it loses too much shine.

Both Ntini and Morkel, bowling currently, should get nothing out of this and if the batsmen play well cannot really be dangerous.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW I wonder if, on his 3rd tour, Boucher has finally got the hang of keeping wicket in England?
9.4 Ntini to Cook, no run, superb take from Boucher! Wide of the off stump, left alone by the batsmen and it cut away markedly. Boucher snaffled it with his left paw in front of slip

it seems so ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah he's gone well so far (hence that post) so I'll be hoping he's going to keep this up throughout the tour.

BTW that delivery was extraordinary.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps I am unestimating the quality of Test bowlers but I think they are all struggling against left handers whereas I think they will be much more successful against right handers.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
''I'm getting bored of writing "too wide". Come on, South Africa.''

can anyone confirm this? (stuck at work and no sky anyway...bring back the BBC!)
if so ; shocking saffies

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
''I'm getting bored of writing "too wide". Come on, South Africa.''

can anyone confirm this? (stuck at work and no sky anyway...bring back the BBC!)
if so ; shocking saffies
They are not making England play enough, so, yes, bowling too wide.

pasag

RTDAS
You'd think they'd get a lot better as the match and series wears on. People might have been expecting a bit too much from them, to come on and just take bags, though as has been said this isn't the greatest bowling.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oddly, the relatively few out-and-out poor deliveries so far have almost all gone to Cook, after the 1st went to Strauss.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, Steyn should be bowling here. Completely insane not to have your best swing-bowler on when the ball is newest.

Mind, that said, Kallis (he of the generally superlative seam-position) has so far got it to do precisely sod-all.

Blimey, Mike Brearley is out-and-out white in the hair these days. And Edward Dexter is in superb shape for an octagenarian.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WoW! Just noticed this series is on Sky Sports (2)!! Oh yes. Thumbs up to the Sky boys for broadcasting another non-NZ test series.

I've probably just increased the viewing figures by about 10% by tuning in, mind.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Oddly, the relatively few out-and-out poor deliveries so far have almost all gone to Cook, after the 1st went to Strauss.
By "out-and-out poor" you mean "hit for four", right? Would say myself that anything wide enough for the batsman to leave in complete certainty is a poor ball. And from what I'm reading, there's a hell of a lot of them.