• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
ITSTL, they said that the ball losing 11mph from release to batsman is a lot, but I always thought that a 13% drop in pace was indicative of a quick pitch.

Majin

International Debutant
Would hate to bat against Steyn. He looks like a herion addict or something. Meth Amphetamines. I don't know. He just looks cracked up on something

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
South Africa haven't really made them play much up till now.
Nah they've been far too wide mostly.

And on the rare occasion they've made them play it's like that one from Ntini to Strauss there - miles away from the edge.

Of course, England have so far left well. Essential to leave well under these circumstances and Strauss of course struggled big-time with that in calender-years 2006 and 2007.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, I think it is safe to say that Ntini knows what he is doing against left handers; however, left handers have always been a weakness for Steyn.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Would hate to bat against Steyn. He looks like a herion addict or something. Meth Amphetamines. I don't know. He just looks cracked up on something
I've just seen his average on cricinfo, which is simply obscene.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, I think it is safe to say that Ntini knows what he is doing against left handers; however, left handers have always been a weakness for Steyn.
Which is odd TSTL. His inswingers should pose massive problems to them. But he just can't pitch it right so far today.

Especially with Strauss' technique of walking right in front of his stumps.

Right, Morne Morkel on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've just seen his average on cricinfo, which is simply obscene.
And it's even more impressive if the opening 3 games (which he should never have played) are excluded, and games in South Africa only are taken.

IE, 76 wickets in 11 Tests at 17.92.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Which is odd TSTL. His inswingers should pose massive problems to them. But he just can't pitch it right so far today.

Especially with Strauss' technique of walking right in front of his stumps.

Right, Morne Morkel on.
Presumably Steyn to switch ends once Ntini's opening spell is over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BTW I wonder if, on his 3rd tour, Boucher has finally got the hang of keeping wicket in England?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First boundary of the series, short on this pitch will be the sort of stuff that sits-up and begs "hit me".