• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You'd have throught there will be a heck of a lot of juice in the wicket after the amount of rain that's fallen. England all out by tea imo.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Juicy wicket, England ao by tea or both?
Former. You know him, it'll take quite a bit to be pessimistic about England. Especially before the start of a series.

Closest he stretched was "it might very well be a good toss to win".

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Former. You know him, it'll take quite a bit to be pessimistic about England. Especially before the start of a series.

Closest he stretched was "it might very well be a good toss to win".
I think Ian Botham is the best impartial observer out of all the English commentators. It's when Lloyd says "it might very well be a good toss to win" that you know England are in deep trouble.

I am shivering with excitement.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find Botham alright most of the time. Only when he's commentating an Australia game do I see the blinkers come on from him tbh. Maybe I'm just not looking for it like a lot of his haters are.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Certainly. Maybe not impartial, but he's more capable than most of them of stopping what he so clearly wants to happen from clouding his judgement horribly.
True, but he rarely makes predictions of England failing, unless it's already in motion.

BTW, think I'd honestly rate David Gower (on the rare occasion he ventures into such a thing as giving an opinion), Bob Willis and Paul Allott as capable of being more realistic.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True, but he rarely makes predictions of England failing, unless it's already in motion.

BTW, think I'd honestly rate David Gower (on the rare occasion he ventures into such a thing as giving an opinion), Bob Willis and Paul Allott as capable of being more realistic.
Read bob willis's predictions on cricket365 then say that again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I meant on-commentary comments TBH.

Steyn gets swing from the very opening ball but no bounce.

EDIT: bloody hell, the opening two deliveries have barely got off the ground. :blink:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ian bell to compile the ***iest looking 80something in recent times before holeing out causing England to collapse from 250 odd for 4 to 300 all out.:happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow, first two balls have died. Jeebus.
You on invisible now too?

Guess the lack of preparation opportunity manifests itself. The 3rd and 4th deliveries just, and I mean just, carry to Boucher.

Little use for slips this game methinks - it's going to be bowleds and lbws FTW.