• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

stumpski

International Captain
Looks as if there was a bit of rain earlier, the covers are wet, but they're coming off now anyway. Start at 11.15.

Just switched on Radio 4, surprised to find TMS not on air yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Been waiting since 7am for play to start, bastard weather!
:blink: 7AM just doesn't wash with me. I've recently been proud of myself for getting my waking time back to 8:30-ish.

BTW just noticed - in both Tests so far, the first wicket of the game has fallen to Morne Morkel thanks to a bad Umpiring decision. :mellow:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wouldn't wash with me but I had little people wake me, apparently I had to do the early shift today as I am not going to be here tomorrow!

pasag

RTDAS
Telecast doesn't start for another two and a half hours here so would much prefer there was an extra half hour at the end of the day if I could have a choice.

stumpski

International Captain
I take it this means that 6.15 will be the 'official' close of play time now. And can play until 6.45 if they haven't bowled the overs, a likely scenario given that we haven't had one over of spin yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I take it this means that 6.15 will be the 'official' close of play time now. And can play until 6.45 if they haven't bowled the overs
It'll be 7 o'clock won't it? Given the lost play yesterday.

Though it's likely to be immaterial - there's almost certainly going to be further interruptions today.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
That Amla catch really is annoying. Looks like Amla and Bowden both had little doubt the thing had carried.

And let's emphasise - these two had a better view than anyone viewing TV pictures.
Yes, quite.

I may be wrong here, but I thought the 3rd umpire could only be consulted on disputed catches if the on-field umpires' view was obscured? It's hard to see how on earth Bowden's view was obscured.

I'm a bit annoyed with Mickey Arthur saying that he's 100% certain the ball was grounded. Not only is that not supported by the TV pictures (which merely suggest doubt as to whether it carried - they certainly didn't prove that it was grounded), but as you point out Amla, Bowden and indeed Vaughan were the people most likely to be able to tell, and they all clearly thought it was out.

Now some people were calling for Pattinson to get booed yesterday. Luckily that hasn't happened, but I would be neither surprised nor disappointed if AB gets a hard time from the crowd and the fielders when he comes out to bat.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Micky Arthur... don't think i like him

Disappointed with the rain, with me on anti-biotics there ain't a lot of things i can do on the weekend given i can't drink or eat anything other than soup. But then again it's not even on tv till later anyway.

stumpski

International Captain
Probably in a minority of one here, but I'd like to see Pattinson get the first over at the other end. The more time he has to think, the more nervous he'll be I reckon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably in a minority of one here, but I'd like to see Pattinson get the first over at the other end. The more time he has to think, the more nervous he'll be I reckon.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I want to see Freddie as I only got to watch one over of his live yesterday, but I hope Pattinson gets a decent chance, and takes a wicket or two. Agree that the selection was lacking in reason, but it's hardly his fault and I back everyone who plays for us, whether they should be there or not.