• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand - T20/ODI series - Jan 2016

cnerd123

likes this
****ing hell. That looks awful.

No worse feeling getting hit the face, especially on or around the eye. Really hope he recovers well and doesn't lose any of his vision.

What a useless helmet.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
New Zealand has 3 of the top 10 ODI batsmen (KW 4, Guptill 9, Taylor 10)
and 2 of the top 10 ODI bowlers, including the No. 1 spot (Boult 1, Henry 7).

Not sure how Henners got up to 7th so quickly. Southee is at 35 in ODI bowling.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****ing hell. That looks awful.

No worse feeling getting hit the face, especially on or around the eye. Really hope he recovers well and doesn't lose any of his vision.

What a useless helmet.
Seemed to hit him on the corner of the eyes socket thankfully and wasn't direct, fraction of a second later we might have had another Kieswetter.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Trust luggage to step up when we need him most. Frontline bowler goes down?
Luggage so ability moves up three notches.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah think our first choice odi bowling trio should be Henry, fully fit Boult and Milne.

Southee can be magic on his day, but he's really struggled in the shorter formats of late.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Yeah think our first choice odi bowling trio should be Henry, fully fit Boult and Milne.

Southee can be magic on his day, but he's really struggled in the shorter formats of late.
Agree with that. What do you think of this ODI team in a year's time though

1. Guptill
2. Latham
3. KW
4. Taylor
5. Watling
6. Anderson
7. Santner
8. Henry
9. Milne
10. Southee
11. Boult

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure I would. Too much bowling, not enough batting. Henry batted well today, but he's no #8. Take out a bowler and slot in a batsman.... A rehabilitated Jesse!!!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup batting looks a tad thin in that side.

BTW is it too much to expect Latham to do a Gilchrist and open the batting and keep wickets? Unless of course they believe Watling is one of the top 6-7 ODI bats in the country, there's a good argument for Latham to keep. His glove-work looked okay in the few games I've seen of him.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At that point (the 170*) I felt he was bringing in a real x-factor to the side with his batting down at 7. I recall seeing a stat that his strike rate in the death overs was among the best in the world. How it has fallen apart since.
I think we all felt the same and that was following those back to back top scores vs SA and that series in the UAE in which he almost invariably came off. I'm sure he's was averaging around 40 with a SR of 129 after that 170.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Bloody hell. When I stopped watching Hafeez and Barbar had taken the score to 100 odd and were looking comfortable. Even given this is Pakistan we are talking about, how the hell did they manage to fall 70 runs short in this game?

Vintage late 90's NZ performance. A recognised bowler short, and the second string all doing their bit.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Two things I'm pretty happy about as the summer rolls along: a) NZ seem to be playing with a good deal of competitiveness and desperation (illustrated in this game by how every bowler stepped up in Mitch's absence) making them, at the least, hard to beat. b) KW seems to have taken to captaincy with minimum fuss, though it's early days of course.

Main concern for me is how loose the top and middle order can be.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Bloody hell. When I stopped watching Hafeez and Barbar had taken the score to 100 odd and were looking comfortable. Even given this is Pakistan we are talking about, how the hell did they manage to fall 70 runs short in this game?

Vintage late 90's NZ performance. A recognised bowler short, and the second string all doing their bit.
Some are probably surprised they got that close.:ph34r:

Not much quality in the side sadly, Maqsood is abysmal, Sarfraz is top 4 or nothing and not really proven outside the SC especially against pace and then the all rounders had simply way to much to do once the batsmen failed.

Pakistan are a very poor ODI side and have been for a while.

smash84

The Tiger King
Some are probably surprised they got that close.:ph34r:

Not much quality in the side sadly, Maqsood is abysmal, Sarfraz is top 4 or nothing and not really proven outside the SC especially against pace and then the all rounders had simply way to much to do once the batsmen failed.

Pakistan are a very poor ODI side and have been for a while.
and Ahmed Shahzad at the top of the order doesn't help. He puts the brakes on the momentum right from the beginning and then gets out in the first 10 overs. He's just bloody useless and then the inevitable just follows. I never thought I would say this but Hafeez looks an island of stability compared to the crap around him. And that is saying something

Niall

International Coach
and Ahmed Shahzad at the top of the order doesn't help. He puts the brakes on the momentum right from the beginning and then gets out in the first 10 overs. He's just bloody useless and then the inevitable just follows. I never thought I would say this but Hafeez looks an island of stability compared to the crap around him. And that is saying something
Its a frightening to say, but its possible that Butt will be back in the next 12 months if the openers don't step up. Shezhad at the top is bad enough but with Azhar its an absolute farce. I don't know why they gave up on Sami Aslam so quickly.

Some on Pakpassion are calling for Umar to open, first reaction like most things on that site is to dismiss it as rubbish, but **** it a quick 30 or 40 is better than what Pakistan have currently got. It could end in farce, but something needs to be done as currently Pakistan have the worst top order in cricket.